Nikon D70s pricing

Old August 31st 05, 02:20 AM
Morgan Perry

Default Nikon D70s pricing

Is it me, or is there something wrong with this picture? A brand new D70s
for $429 USD??

http://wawadigitals.com/nid70dislrca.html

Has anyone ever heard of this place? After a little searching, I think they
may be connected to this place www.starlightcameras.com

Old August 31st 05, 02:29 AM
Peter A. Stavrakoglou

"Morgan Perry" mptran @ morganperry.com wrote in message

Is it me, or is there something wrong with this picture? A brand new D70s
for $429 USD??

http://wawadigitals.com/nid70dislrca.html

Has anyone ever heard of this place? After a little searching, I think
they may be connected to this place www.starlightcameras.com

File this under "another one too good to be true"

Old August 31st 05, 02:34 AM
Mike Warren

Morgan Perry wrote:
Is it me, or is there something wrong with this picture? A brand new
D70s for $429 USD??

http://wawadigitals.com/nid70dislrca.html

Has anyone ever heard of this place? After a little searching, I
think they may be connected to this place www.starlightcameras.com

There are so many suspicious things on that site. Here's a couple:

"[returns] permitted within 7 days from the date of purchase"

Not date of receipt of goods? If it takes more than 7 days to get it to
you, tough.

"Weight (without battery): Approx. 21 oz without battery,
memory card, body cap, or monitor coverd70s$429.00"

That could also be interpreted as the price without all
those items.

"Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items on
our web site may be mis-priced"

Hmmm.

You know what they say: " If it sounds too good to be true it
probably is"

-Mike

Attached Images
File Type: gif trans_1x1.gif (43 Bytes, 571 views)
Old August 31st 05, 02:59 AM
RichA

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:20:31 -0400, "Morgan Perry" mptran @
morganperry.com wrote:

Is it me, or is there something wrong with this picture? A brand new D70s
for $429 USD??

http://wawadigitals.com/nid70dislrca.html

Has anyone ever heard of this place? After a little searching, I think they
may be connected to this place www.starlightcameras.com

This CRAP crops up at least once a month. Do you *******s work for
these people????
-Rich

"Bittorrents are REFUNDS for all the BAD movie products Hollywood
never gave us refunds for in the past"
Old September 1st 05, 12:03 AM
no one

Morgan Perry wrote:

Is it me, or is there something wrong with this picture? A brand new D70s
for $429 USD??

http://wawadigitals.com/nid70dislrca.html

Has anyone ever heard of this place? After a little searching, I think they
may be connected to this place www.starlightcameras.com

Read the disclaimers.

It's either "gray-market", i.e. non-Nikon USA and impossible to get
warranty service on if it breaks ...

or ...

it's bait 'n switch.