Interesting Question about D2X sensors

Old September 1st 05, 02:46 AM
Chrlz

If the sensor had an extra (or different) color filter, I'm
sure the marketing and PR guys would be trumpeting it.

They were for the last 6 months or so in every magazine ad I saw.

Example please, McLeod? I'm genuinely interested. As I mentioned
above, it would be no real surprise - Sony built the sensor, and they
have already used an RGBE sensor on the F828. But no-one seems to be
trumpeting it now on the D2X (inc. Nikon), and the review sites I've
seen don't mention it.

Old September 1st 05, 11:03 AM
McLeod

On 31 Aug 2005 18:46:02 -0700, "Chrlz" wrote:

If the sensor had an extra (or different) color filter, I'm
sure the marketing and PR guys would be trumpeting it.

They were for the last 6 months or so in every magazine ad I saw.

Example please, McLeod? I'm genuinely interested. As I mentioned
above, it would be no real surprise - Sony built the sensor, and they
have already used an RGBE sensor on the F828. But no-one seems to be
trumpeting it now on the D2X (inc. Nikon), and the review sites I've
seen don't mention it.

I'll go back and check the advertising. I couldn't find any info
online. I know information is downloaded from the sensor in 4
channels (2 for the green)...but I was sure they were saying they had
an extra colour filter as well.
Old September 1st 05, 10:06 PM

In message . com,
"Barry Pearson" wrote:

wrote:
[snip]
I'd see what's going on with it, but dcraw.c is a bit thick for me. I
can write C code, but I am not good at reading other people's,
especially when it has grown the way dcraw.c has. What would be a lot
easier is just having a D2X NEF of a gretag-Macbeth color checker.

http://www.moosepeterson.com/d2x/noise.html

Thanks. This is the kind of stuff I like to see; too much speculation
based on JPEGs going around.

--

John P Sheehy