No Subject

Old November 13th 05, 01:00 AM

Default No Subject

From: jimnjen not home NOSPAM yahoo
Subject: using old nikkor lenses
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 20:11:48 -0600

"Marco Ganzaroli" wrote:
Dear all,
I've been using till now a film SLR Nikon camera (F601) with a Nikkor AF
35-80 1:3.5-5.6 and a Nikkor AF 70-210 1:4-5.6.
I would like to buy a digital SLR.
I was told that having such lenses is not a good reason to buy a digital
Nikon camera, because anyway the distortion they will give (apart from the
multipling factor of 1.5) will make them almost unusable, and I will have to
buy new lenses all the same. It would be a pity particularly for the 70-210.
My intention would be coupling it with a 17-55mm f/2.8 DX lens.

Does anyone has experience in this issue?
Thanks

Others have explained this well. I just add my comment to backup what
the ohers have said. Someone has handed you a line of BS... The lenses
you own will work great on Nikon DSLR

--
Jim