FS: Canon EOS 630 - for repair/parts

Old August 29th 03, 04:55 AM
Lewis Lang

Default FS: Canon EOS 630 - for repair/parts

This might be a good deal for those who either buy EOS cameras and fix/repair
them themselves or for those who wouldn't mind sending it off for repairs who
would like a sturdy, full featured primary or back-up Canon EOS SLR body.

The camera features a built-in 5 f.p.s. motordrive, quite fast AF, peeds from
1/2000 sec. - 30 secs., full auto exposure modes (Program with variable shift,
Aperture priority and Shutter priority) as well as manual exposure, a built-in
blue/Indigo illumination light for the LCD display panel on the camera's top
plate and, very importantly (for macro/portraiture/landscape type work) a
separate button for depth of field preview, and a sturdy metal body, amongst
other features/goodies.

I am selling this camera because I need the money and am presently into
(Minolta) Maxxum gear now.

The camera is being sold in AS IS condition because it is broken/needs repair.

It seems to have the spring that pulls up/returns the mirror which appears to
be broken, also, it might need some work on (cleaning/replacing) the shutter
curtain braking mechanism because I see some small dark marks (the marks are
very tiny/minor (1/16? to 1/8? inch long) and most people wouldn't even notice
them unless you told them where and what to look for) on the left hand portion
of the shutter curtain which may or may not be from the rubber/foam shock
absorbers of the shutter curtain brakes/stoppers starting to deteriorate (I am
not a technician, obviously ;-), but the repair technician said:

"It sounds like the mirror up lever is broken. To replace this part requires
removing the shutter mechanism, so the cost is the same to replace this lever
and the shutter blade rubber stopper pad (brake)."

I have read on the rec.photo equipment.35mm newsgroup?/elsewhere that this
"shutter blade rubber stop pad" deterioration problem is a common thing on the
older EOS's.

Other than these problems, the camera seems to be fine otherwise with only very
minor cosmetic imperfections. Minor imperfections are it has a slight/minor
wearing of the grip screw's paint and there is very minor wearing of the edges
of the black paint on my camera's flash hotshoe (and I am being extra extra
persnickety about this, most people wouldn't probably examine it to this
degree/standard.Inside the camera's film take up spool/roller it is very clean.
If it were fully operational/working I would rate my camera somewhere in the
excellent leaning very, very much to the excellent plus zone (my opinion), but
since it is broken/needs repair I'm rating it "AS IS" :-).

$50

+ $6 Shipping

Prefer to ship w/i the Continental U.S. only. Money order, bank check or
persnal check acceptable (must clear first before sending item).

Please e-mail me at the e-mail address above (remove "nospam" to reply) if
interested and/or if you have any additional questions and I'd be happy to
answer them.

Thanks :-)

Lewis

Check out my photos at "LEWISVISION":