Lense Creep

Old November 22nd 07, 03:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Mbt6

Default Lense Creep

What is lense Creep?

Old November 22nd 07, 04:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Brian[_7_]

Mbt6 wrote:
What is lense Creep?

When your zoom lens slides out from where you last left it when the
camera is turned upside down.

Brian J. Rueger "Who dares wins"
Capt.(Ret)/Paramedic Hampton, VA.
B.S.Comm/I/Pilot MSgt, USAF (Ret.) 49199
Check out my personal home page: http://members.cox.net/brueger
Check out my photography: http://www.usefilm.com/member/skypilot
Check out some of my other photography: http://tinyurl.com/or7kc
"Life's too short to drink LITE beer!"
Old November 22nd 07, 04:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
frederick

Mbt6 wrote:
What is (a) lense Creep?

Anyone who writes "lense" as the singular of lenses (plural)

Old November 22nd 07, 04:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
m II

Mbt6 wrote:

What is lense Creep?

Bret Douglas?

mike

Old November 22nd 07, 07:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
JG[_3_]

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 20:49:27 -0700, "Mbt6" wrote:

What is lense Creep?

Rich A?

Email replies remove REMOVE
Powered by Agent 4.2 Mail/News
http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php
Old November 22nd 07, 11:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John Adams[_2_]

frederick wrote:

Anyone who writes "lense" as the singular of lenses (plural)

Do I have to beat it into your thick head once again that lense is a
perfectly acceptable variant of lens?
Old November 22nd 07, 12:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
frederick

John Adams wrote:
frederick wrote:

Anyone who writes "lense" as the singular of lenses (plural)

Do I have to beat it into your thick head once again that lense is a
perfectly acceptable variant of lens ...

.... for backward people with quaint antiquated habits - like
using 35mm film.
Old November 22nd 07, 12:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Jürgen Exner

John Adams wrote:
frederick wrote:

Anyone who writes "lense" as the singular of lenses (plural)

Do I have to beat it into your thick head once again that lense is a
perfectly acceptable variant of lens?

Maybe somewhere in some circles.
However neither the Oxford Dictionary nor the Encyclopedia Britannica (to
cover English) nor Webster's Encyclopedic Unabrigded Dictionary of the
English Language (to cover Americanese) know about it.

It seems to be used by the same people who also use spellings like "lite
beer" or "at nite" and similar because they don't know any better.

jue

Old November 22nd 07, 01:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

On Nov 21, 10:49 pm, "Mbt6" wrote:
What is lense Creep?

= Older Olympus 40-150mm kit lens
Old November 22nd 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Mbt6

I looked at some of your photos from the links your put on your message, you
have the Nikkor 18-200mm VR. On adorama.com, several commented on creep as
well as that lense not being quite as sharp as they have found with other
lenses. What are your thoughts on that?