Easy to use gallery software

Old September 4th 06, 02:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Chris

Default Easy to use gallery software

What would you recommend as an easy to use app for putting a gallery on
the web?
Easy enough for a computer novice!
--
Chris
Old September 4th 06, 03:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Chris wrote:
What would you recommend as an easy to use app for putting a gallery on
the web?
Easy enough for a computer novice!
--
Chris

I prefer to use a WWW sites already set-up.

Some camera manufacturers will give you free space.

You can set up a Yahoo Group with pix. This would have a msg area.

You make a WWW site in Yahoo's Geocities which is free. They even have
an album template.

The problem with many sites is that people have to register to see your
pix. Some in the user agreement require you to give them permission to
use your pix. Yahoo formerly had that term, altho I have not noticed it
recently.

If you use exisiting sites, read all the fine print.

I use SmugMug, where I have over three thousand pix.

Want to set up many albums, with many levels of security?
http://www.smugmug.com/?referrer=jyt6FA46W3kDo
link will save you $5 on Smugmug.

Old September 4th 06, 03:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Spider19

Hi Chris!

Take look at Express Thumbnail Creator:

http://www.neowise.com/etc/

** Spider19

Old September 4th 06, 05:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
simon

I use a combination of Netobjects Fusion and J album to make my site.

www.srsteel.co.uk

http://www.srsteel.co.uk/Panorama
http://www.srsteel.co.uk/landscape
http://www.srsteel.co.uk/Peru

Old September 4th 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Chris wrote:
What would you recommend as an easy to use app for putting a gallery on
the web?
Easy enough for a computer novice!

I've used PhotoWorks.com with good results and recently have started
using phanfare.com. PhotoWorks is a typical photo web company. People
have to join to view your photos (not true when I first started using
it) and they make money by selling prints, t-shirts, etc. Phanfare is
really unique. You have to pay about $55 a year (one month trial is
free), but there is no need for friends to join to view your pictures,
all prints are sold through third parties (which you can choose to a
large extent), AND if you allow it, people can download the original
digital pictures in full resolution!

It was this last feature that got me to join Phanfare since I am in the
process of scanning in a number of very old family pictures and wanted
to make them available to other family members without having to go
through the hassle of burning CD's and mailing them, only to find that
many people could care less.

Hoping this helps some.

Martin

Old September 6th 06, 09:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Matt Clara

"Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)" wrote in message
On Mon, 4 Sep 2006 14:05:24 +0100, in rec.photo.digital Chris
] wrote:

What would you recommend as an easy to use app for putting a gallery on
the web?
Easy enough for a computer novice!

You might consider JAlbum a try. Does require JAVA.
http://www.jalbum.net

JAlbum and the chameleon skin (rocks).

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com

Old September 7th 06, 02:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Mitchum

Chris ] wrote:

What would you recommend as an easy to use app for putting a gallery on
the web?
Easy enough for a computer novice!

If you're a computer novice, you don't want to set up a web page. You
want a hosting service, like flickr.com or any of the others.