Radio freqency stutter triggering.

Old April 2nd 13, 12:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Peter Jason

Default Radio freqency stutter triggering.

To set off three cameras at once for HDR action
shots?
Old April 2nd 13, 01:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
gregz

Peter Jason wrote:
To set off three cameras at once for HDR action
shots?

Make up your mind.

Greg

Old April 2nd 13, 02:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
gregz

wrote:

Peter Jason wrote:
To set off three cameras at once for HDR action
shots?

Make up your mind.

Greg

just asking

Oh you mean shutter.

Greg
Old April 2nd 13, 03:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Kevin McMurtrie[_3_]

In article ,
Peter Jason wrote:

To set off three cameras at once for HDR action
shots?

Same cameras can be trivially wired with a 1/8" or 1/16" stereo plug.
Tip and ring are half-press and full-press. The shield is the common
wire.

You can skip the half-press if you're not using stabilized lenses.

Old April 2nd 13, 08:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-04-01 16:21:59 -0700, Peter Jason said:

To set off three cameras at once for HDR action
shots?

Why not take 3, 5, 7, or 9 bracketed shots with a single camera?
My usual HDR bracketing with my D300s is 5 exposure; -2, -1, 0, +1, +2.
Then processed in NIK HDR Efex.

To achieve an HRD with three different camera is going to create
massive alignment issues and likely an awful HDR.

Savageduck

Old April 2nd 13, 11:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Peter Jason

On Tue, 2 Apr 2013 12:23:50 -0700, Savageduck

On 2013-04-01 16:21:59 -0700, Peter Jason said:

To set off three cameras at once for HDR action
shots?

Why not take 3, 5, 7, or 9 bracketed shots with a single camera?
My usual HDR bracketing with my D300s is 5 exposure; -2, -1, 0, +1, +2.
Then processed in NIK HDR Efex.

To achieve an HRD with three different camera is going to create
massive alignment issues and likely an awful HDR.

My idea was to photograph moving objects. I saw
such a thing done in New York with vast
streetscapes containing people, though this was to
get a multi-camera panorama.
Old April 3rd 13, 12:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-04-01 16:21:59 -0700, Peter Jason said:

To set off three cameras at once for HDR action
shots?

Why not take 3, 5, 7, or 9 bracketed shots with a single camera?
My usual HDR bracketing with my D300s is 5 exposure; -2, -1, 0, +1, +2.
Then processed in NIK HDR Efex.

To achieve an HRD with three different camera is going to create
massive alignment issues and likely an awful HDR.

My idea was to photograph moving objects. I saw
such a thing done in New York with vast
streetscapes containing people, though this was to
get a multi-camera panorama.

You are talking about two, and possibly three different things.
This is a terrible way to create HDR images.

The use of multiple cameras to create panoramas is a perfectly
reasonable proposal, and has been demonstrated in several places. One
of these was in National Geographic where they had a project to shoot
some of the tallest Redwood trees. This was done by stitching together
a massive mosaic panorama, captured with a rig using three cameras and
gyroscopes. Take a look at the video in the blog below:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/pictureshow.../redwoods.html

Then the other way to product massive multi-shot panoramas with a
single camera is to use Gigapan:
http://www.gigapan.com/cms/shop/store
You can rent these rigs from LensProToGo:
http://www.lensprotogo.com/product/gigapan-epic-pro/

Savageduck

Old April 4th 13, 10:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil Ellwood

On 2013-04-01 16:21:59 -0700, Peter Jason said:

To set off three cameras at once for HDR action shots?

Why not take 3, 5, 7, or 9 bracketed shots with a single camera?
My usual HDR bracketing with my D300s is 5 exposure; -2, -1, 0, +1, +2.
Then processed in NIK HDR Efex.

To achieve an HRD with three different camera is going to create massive
alignment issues and likely an awful HDR.

Not only alignment but also superimposition problems if large prints are
needed.

--
Neil
Reverse ‘a’ and ‘r’