Butterfly.

Old August 22nd 04, 08:30 AM
tednat

Default Butterfly.

http://www.mensamagazine.gr/Hellas/B...ouNatsina.html
Old August 22nd 04, 11:26 AM
A Concerned Contributer

That's a truely horrible shot, which I probably wouldn't
in any of my 22 years experience taking pictures show to
anyone much less the world.

Old August 22nd 04, 01:22 PM
Justin Thyme

"tednat" wrote in message
m...
http://www.mensamagazine.gr/Hellas/B...ouNatsina.html

eewww - terribly over-exposed, the highlights are blown right out. plus it
could do with some substantial cropping to get rid of the horrible fence,
and make the butterfly more noticeable. First up I saw the fence, had to
search the picture for the butterfly.

Old August 22nd 04, 05:44 PM
lefty

On 22 Aug 2004 00:30:50 -0700, (tednat) wrote:

http://www.mensamagazine.gr/Hellas/B...ouNatsina.html
I concur... but would like to know alittle more about the
photographer, age and perspective before I got too critical... But
the butterfly does get lost in the mix.
Old August 22nd 04, 06:46 PM
tednat

I agree...

Its face though, was something I have never seen.

I added a crop-zoom where you maybe can see her eyes...

Old August 22nd 04, 09:22 PM
ECM

(tednat) wrote in message om...
http://www.mensamagazine.gr/Hellas/B...ouNatsina.html

Ignore the microcephalic "experts" and their bull****. Mr. "22 years"
had the time to dis you, but he couldn't be bothered to share a few
pointers from his no doubt VAST store of photographic knowledge. What
a dick.

Nice picture, considering the equipment you had to work with. I would
suggest a quick pass through Irfanview to crop the subject out of the
extra junk, and a bit of adjustment of balance, contrast, and
saturation. I took the liberty of spending a few minutes on the pic to
show you what could be done... hope you don't mind:

http://home.comcast.net/~colinmcdoug...rfly_Edit.html

Peace!
ECM
Old August 22nd 04, 10:09 PM
Frank ess

ECM wrote:
(tednat) wrote in message
om...
http://www.mensamagazine.gr/Hellas/B...ouNatsina.html

Ignore the microcephalic "experts" and their bull****. Mr. "22 years"
had the time to dis you, but he couldn't be bothered to share a few
pointers from his no doubt VAST store of photographic knowledge. What
a dick.

Nice picture, considering the equipment you had to work with. I would
suggest a quick pass through Irfanview to crop the subject out of the
extra junk, and a bit of adjustment of balance, contrast, and
saturation. I took the liberty of spending a few minutes on the pic to
show you what could be done... hope you don't mind:

http://home.comcast.net/~colinmcdoug...rfly_Edit.html

Peace!
ECM

I kind of liked it with the fence in view; some kind of emotional
contrast there, vs. the "freedom" of the butterfly.

Of course it was technically imperfect. Much, or most, of life is
technically imperfect. It is probably a sign of some kind of deficiency,
this continual search for technical perfection and a need to point out
shortcomings.

Seems to me there is at least as much dickness in dissing a dick as in
being one. And more than a little hypocrisy in calling someone to task
for dicklike behavior and a signature exhorting Peace!

Nice work all for nowt on the picture, Mr. "Electronic CounterMeasures".
You can't make it yours, no matter how much you lather on the technical
"corrections".

Peace!
--
Frank ess

Old August 23rd 04, 04:15 AM
A Concerned Contributer

Thanks Frank;

In my twenty two years I have learned to be somewhat abrasive in giving
a critique.... mainly because I have always gotten the same. It does
make you a better photographer and dispels the illusions that work of
less quality has merit. Bad art is bad art. For other examples of
deficiency just look at society,and specifically the kind that creates
wars, the need for the best car, the prettiest wife the perfect
house,the need to tell you and I who's version of God to worship. Craft
of what one creates however is one area I personally am never going let
others think things are good when they ain't I probably should have told
why it was bad....my fault.

I have also learned there are a few scum wads in photo, but by and
large most of the photo people I know are cool. Its too bad people use
profanity,...in my opinion its the measure of a small intellect and the
person you have responded to sure showed that side of their self.