value of used rollei TLR?

Old August 28th 06, 08:14 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
[email protected]

Default value of used rollei TLR?

Hi,

What would a 50-year-old Rolleiflex TLR in good condition be worth
today?
One with a 3.5 Xenar.

Could anyone give me a rough idea?
I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Old August 28th 06, 03:05 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Scott Schuckert

In article . com,
wrote:

What would a 50-year-old Rolleiflex TLR in good condition be worth
today?
One with a 3.5 Xenar.

Could cover a lot of territory (as could "good condition") but a WAG
(wild-ass guess) would put you in the $200 - $500 range.
Old August 28th 06, 08:52 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Andrew Price

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 18:02:12 GMT, "dadiOH"
wrote:

It depends on what you call "good condition". If by that it means
"looks good" (to you) and you have no idea if it works (because you
can not get hold of the 127 film for a start), then not much.
Search on ebay for "Baby Rolleiflex" completed transactions to give
you an idea of the price you will get if you are selling it.

OP said nothing about it being a baby Rollei.

And 127 film is still available - at least it was the last time I
checked with Fotoimpex.
Old August 28th 06, 09:17 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
rafe b

wrote:

It depends on what you call "good condition". If by that it means
"looks good" (to you) and you have no idea if it works (because you
can not get hold of the 127 film for a start), then not much.
Search on ebay for "Baby Rolleiflex" completed transactions to give
you an idea of the price you will get if you are selling it.

OP said nothing about it being a baby Rollei.

And 127 film is still available - at least it was the last time I
checked with Fotoimpex.

Last I checked (with some US supplier) 127 film was
available... for about $10 a roll.

Now, who's going to process and print it for you?

And assuming you can get it processed, what film scanner
can mount it? (Yes, a drum scanner orEpson flatbed could
deal with it...)

After considering these matters, about a year ago, my
dad's baby-Yashica TLR went into the dumpster.
I'm afraid his 35mm point-and-shoots (some nice old
Canons with f1.7 and f1.8 lenses) are probably headed
there soon -- but I don't have the heart to do it yet.

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com

Old August 28th 06, 09:47 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
[email protected]

Thanks for all the replies.

I've only used 35mm and digital in the past.
But I'm thinking about getting a used MF camera.

I'm still confused on a couple of points:

1. What's the difference between a Rolleiflex and a Baby Rolleiflex?
I thought that a Rolleicord was a baby (or cheaper) Rolleiflex.

2. Do all Rolleiflex cameras shoot 127 film?

Thanks to everyone, Robert

Old August 28th 06, 10:22 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Steve Bosell

I might be wrong, but I thought all Rollei TLR's shoot 120, or 220 film and
I don't think that this film is being discontinued anytime soon, there's too
many serious photographers still using it. I have a Rollei 2.8 Planar and I
would never part with it!
ups.com...

Old August 28th 06, 10:52 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Bob Salomon

In article ,
"rafe b" wrote:

And assuming you can get it processed, what film scanner
can mount it? (Yes, a drum scanner orEpson flatbed could
deal with it...)

The Braun SlideScan 4000 can handle any film size that fits into a
standard size 2x2" slide mount fully automatically. Glass, glassless,
paper or plastic.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.
Old August 28th 06, 10:53 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Bob Salomon

In article ,
"rafe b" wrote:

Now, who's going to process and print it for you?

Most custom labs will or you can do it yourself.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.