Hassleblad to Pentax 645 lens adapter

Old October 12th 06, 10:00 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Steve Bosell

Default Hassleblad to Pentax 645 lens adapter

I was just checking ebay for a wideangle lens for my Pentax 645N and I came
across an adapter that will allow the use of Hassleblad lenses on my Pentax,
is there a downside to doing this? Will it work seamlessly and not lose any
functionality? What about aperture, will this be affected?

There's lots of nice Ziess optics out there, so it would be kind of cool to
be able to use them, but I don't want to make any compromises on
performance.

Thanks all!

Old October 12th 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
David J. Littleboy

"Steve Bosell" wrote in message
. ..
I was just checking ebay for a wideangle lens for my Pentax 645N and I came
across an adapter that will allow the use of Hassleblad lenses on my
Pentax, is there a downside to doing this? Will it work seamlessly and not
lose any functionality? What about aperture, will this be affected?

There's lots of nice Ziess optics out there, so it would be kind of cool
to be able to use them, but I don't want to make any compromises on
performance.

There's nothing wrong with the Pentax lenses and they'll be wider and/or
faster: 35/3.5 vs. 40/4.0, 45/2.8 vs. 50/4.0. And cheaper, too.

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan