a few photos from the mid 1970s.

Old April 18th 18, 03:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default a few photos from the mid 1970s.

On 2018-04-17 02:53:04 +0000, PeterN said:

On 4/16/2018 3:10 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

Getting someone else to do your work is a valid solution.

absolutely. especially if they do it for free.

* your point being?

That *proper* scanning is a lot of work?

I was responding to nospam.

This is a public and international news and discussion forum on the the
side routs of the internet. Everybody's free to but in. Want privacy?
Take it to mail...

However, I agree that proper scanning is indeed a lot of work. When I
digitized my slides, I hired a high school kid to do it. He had access
to a professional slide scanner. he scanned them all at the highest
resolution, I have forgotten what it was, but they all came out as I
hoped they would.

I hope that you got better result than Dave...

I did spend a lot of time selecting those slides I wanted to scan, I
had several thousand, but I did not want them all scanned.

Normal and normal. I had already thrown out the slides that I didn't
wan't so that jobb was mostly done. Slides was mostly travel photos
from me teen years and just a couple of hundred. So I scanned them all!

My selection process took several weeks.

Normal too. I'm gonna scan the negs next but for several reasons, like
dust and space I think that will have to wait until I can move back to
my own apartment after its renovation. That will be thousands of negs
that have to be evaluated and scanned and that will take time. Proper
scanning of a negative can take as much time as a making a good copy in
an enlarger of it in a wet process...
--
teleportation kills