Picasa ?

Old November 4th 14, 01:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo [_3_]

Default Picasa ?

I'm running Picasa 3.9.138 build 151 for Linux

Even though it says it's for Linux I'm using a Windows version running
under WINE

My os is Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit

I find Picasa handy for face recognition but occasionally it becomes
unresponsive.

I decided to see if there is a Linux version and found a .deb installer
for version 3.0 which I installed.

When I try to run it, it starts to load but after 30 seconds just shuts
down.

When it's starting up it asks if I want to install a 64bit library for
some additional features I don't need. I tried taking the option to
install and I tried without it...with the same negative results.

Anyone here use the Linux version of Picasa?
Old November 4th 14, 01:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-11-04 01:40:48 +0000, philoÂ* said:

I'm running Picasa 3.9.138 build 151 for Linux

Even though it says it's for Linux I'm using a Windows version running
under WINE

My os is Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit

I find Picasa handy for face recognition but occasionally it becomes
unresponsive.

I decided to see if there is a Linux version and found a .deb installer
for version 3.0 which I installed.

When I try to run it, it starts to load but after 30 seconds just shuts down.

When it's starting up it asks if I want to install a 64bit library for
some additional features I don't need. I tried taking the option to
install and I tried without it...with the same negative results.

Anyone here use the Linux version of Picasa?

Not me, I don't even use the Mac version these days.

Savageduck