Bewa KEVIN LYONS is a Thief!!!!

Old May 9th 04, 06:14 AM
bASS

Wow, good for you. I think that a general faq with helpful links like that
one posted frequently by say the ops?
"George" wrote in message

"Ken Marsh" wrote in message
Hi,

mark wrote:
#Ask for USPS money orders. cheap, readily available, cashable at any

Post
#Office and I would think d_mn tough to forge. Plus it's federal

offense.

Sounds good, but... better check the threshold for which they'll bother
to investigate this federal offense. It is a far higher dollar amount
than any used camera transaction.

Ken.
--

They'll investigate for any amount. I've had it done twice...once for $25
and once for $100. Make sure you send the payment via US mail. Then if

you
don't get your stuff (or even if it arrives damaged and the seller refuses
to make it good), file form 8165
(https://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/ps8165.pdf). I had both issues
resolved to my satisfaction by the postal inspectors.

Old May 17th 04, 04:14 AM
George

"bASS" wrote in message
Wow, good for you. I think that a general faq with helpful links like

that
one posted frequently by say the ops?

What can I say...I am a good complainer who complains to the right people
and with the right documentation VBG. I absolutely HATE being ripped
off. I guess what got me started in my "zero tolerance" stance was an ISP
who thought they could charge my credit card a monthly service charge for
life regardless of the fact that I'd cancelled their service. I had a GOOD
credit card company that allowed me to block them from continuing to charge
my card indefinitely (some credit card companies do NOT allow YOU to control
the charges to your account but put that in the hands of the company
charging your account...SHAME on them) and I thought that was the end of it.
Until about six months later when I got a "collection notice"...that set me
off and I figured that if they wanted to "up the ante", I'd put it at a
painful level for them and complained to the attorneys general of my state
AND the state the ISP was in. Anyway, I got them out of my account with the
two letters, got a letter of apology from the ISP, and treble damages.
Total cost for me was two postage stamps. Case closed.

By the way, all of the above was AGAINST the advice of my attorney. He was
sure useful. (But an attorney friend got a big kick out of this AND the
time I brought a pile of small claims court forms to a retailer who wouldn't
take a return on an article of clothing that fell apart the very first week
and I asked if anyone else in line needed any forms as I was filling out
mine in their store. BTW--I didn't need to file those either and that store
was acting contrary to how their corporate headquarters had directed them to
act.)