Lexar throws in the towel

Old June 11th 05, 12:09 PM
RichA

Default Lexar throws in the towel

First, software fix.
Then, return and repair.
Now, they are offering to replace all defective
80x cards. Which is nice for the poor Canon owners.

Old June 11th 05, 04:21 PM
Avery

What are you talking about... what towel? I have three 80x cards a 2Gig
and two 1Gig cards and they have all been very reliable. No problems or
even hiccups for that matter.

Old June 11th 05, 05:07 PM
Randall Ainsworth

In article , RichA
wrote:

First, software fix.
Then, return and repair.
Now, they are offering to replace all defective
80x cards. Which is nice for the poor Canon owners.

JEEZ...get off of it!
Old June 11th 05, 07:02 PM
Stacey

Randall Ainsworth wrote:

In article , RichA
wrote:

First, software fix.
Then, return and repair.
Now, they are offering to replace all defective
80x cards. Which is nice for the poor Canon owners.

JEEZ...get off of it!

Aw someone point out a problem with your favorite brand?
--

Stacey
Old June 11th 05, 07:17 PM
Musty

"RichA" wrote in message
First, software fix.
Then, return and repair.
Now, they are offering to replace all defective
80x cards. Which is nice for the poor Canon owners.

For someone who doesnt even shoot DSLR, you sure do post here a lot.

I did not have any problems with my 1GB and 2GB 80x Lexars that I use.

Yawn.......

Old June 11th 05, 07:58 PM
Randall Ainsworth

In article , Stacey
wrote:

Aw someone point out a problem with your favorite brand?

The guy is a one-trick pony.
Old June 11th 05, 08:17 PM
G.T.

"Musty" wrote in message

"RichA" wrote in message
First, software fix.
Then, return and repair.
Now, they are offering to replace all defective
80x cards. Which is nice for the poor Canon owners.

For someone who doesnt even shoot DSLR, you sure do post here a lot.

I did not have any problems with my 1GB and 2GB 80x Lexars that I use.

You don't. But the people that do have problems, namely Canon users, don't
give a **** whether you have a problem or not.

I'm a Canon user but don't care because I switched to SanDisk awhile ago.
Much faster for a given price and size than Lexar.

Greg

Old June 11th 05, 08:37 PM
Musty

"G.T." wrote in message

"Musty" wrote in message

"RichA" wrote in message
First, software fix.
Then, return and repair.
Now, they are offering to replace all defective
80x cards. Which is nice for the poor Canon owners.

For someone who doesnt even shoot DSLR, you sure do post here a lot.

I did not have any problems with my 1GB and 2GB 80x Lexars that I use.

You don't. But the people that do have problems, namely Canon users,

don't
give a **** whether you have a problem or not.

I'm a Canon user but don't care because I switched to SanDisk awhile ago.
Much faster for a given price and size than Lexar.

I shoot with a 20D. Even though I have no problems I will still RMA my cards
just incase. The OP is saying Lexar have "thrown in the towel". In my
opinion they are doing the right thing by their customers. Kudos to them.

Not only do I shoot Canon, but I own a large amount of SanDisk stock. I
bought Lexar cards due to price/performance ratio.

Musty.

Old June 11th 05, 09:15 PM
DoN. Nichols

In article .com,
Avery wrote:
What are you talking about... what towel? I have three 80x cards a 2Gig
and two 1Gig cards and they have all been very reliable. No problems or
even hiccups for that matter.

Agreed. My two 1GB 80X cards have had no problems. (Granted, I
am using them in a Nikon, not a Cannon, and they don't have the deadly
set of characters in the product code which marks the ones which have
problems.

As far as I can tell, there were two problems. One was specific
to their use in the Cannon cameras (presumably write cycle timing or
something similar), and the other was specific to the cards themselves.

And replacing the cards seems to make sense even for a firmware
problem at Lexars end, as it will reduce the cycle time to the end user.
It might be necessary to pop open the case to gain access to internal
terminals to put in new firmware -- requiring sealing in a new case --
probably with a new Product-ID to flag the fact that it has been
supplied with new firmware.

And given the number of these which they must be processing, the
"replacement" simplifys the logistics significantly. Receive old cards
with one of the bad Product-IDs, ship out an equal number of the same
size which have been fixed..

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564