soda ash?

Old August 3rd 04, 09:26 AM
sreenath

Default soda ash?

All,
Is Soda Ash unhydrated, monohydrated or decahydrated version of sodium carbonate?

Thanks,
Sreenath
Old August 4th 04, 02:55 AM
PATRICK GAINER

Lloyd wrote:

On 3 Aug 2004 01:26:12 -0700,
(sreenath) wrote:

All,
Is Soda Ash unhydrated, monohydrated or decahydrated version of sodium carbonate?

Thanks,
Sreenath

aug304 from Lloyd Erlick,

I bought a bag of one hundred pounds of Soda Ash several
years ago, because the price was too good to pass. It was
labeled sodium carbonate anhydrous. I don't know if *all*
soda ash is anhydrous, though.

regards,
--le
________________________________
Lloyd Erlick Portraits, Toronto.
voice: 416-686-0326
email:

net:
www.heylloyd.com
________________________________

Depends on how long you leave the lid off. IIRC, the monohydrated is the most stable
form. If you want to be sure, heat the heck out of it. It will then be anhydrous.

Old August 4th 04, 02:55 AM
PATRICK GAINER

Old August 4th 04, 08:41 AM
sreenath

It is stored in a box that is not really air tight. So, can I assume
that most of it has been converted to monohyrated form?

Thanks,
Sreenath

PATRICK GAINER wrote in message ...

Old August 4th 04, 08:41 AM
sreenath

It is stored in a box that is not really air tight. So, can I assume
that most of it has been converted to monohyrated form?

Thanks,
Sreenath

PATRICK GAINER wrote in message ...

Old August 4th 04, 08:41 AM
sreenath

It is stored in a box that is not really air tight. So, can I assume
that most of it has been converted to monohyrated form?

Thanks,
Sreenath

PATRICK GAINER wrote in message ...