Will Sony take the "high road?"

Old April 26th 06, 01:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Will Sony take the "high road?"

With DSLRs the way they do with other things?
What I mean is will their product cost be high and possibly
offer more than the entry-level DSLRs we see now?
The R1 is not a cheap P&S. It sports a top flight lens
and it costs more than entry-level DSLRs. Sony's product
line in the past never emphasized cheapness, the say companies
like Samsung have, so unless they are changing their marketing,
I'd expect them to release at least one high-end DSLR, possibly
on the level of the D200 or the 30D Canon.
But, given Sony's financial issues of late, they could be going
through an entire corporate culture change. They could turn
around and start flooding the market with cheaper product
like Kodak. We could see the first sub-$500 DSLR body and
kit lens.
What I hope they avoid (even though I think those cameras
are pretty decent) is if they simply do what Samsung did,
re-brand the KM cameras as their own as a fast stop-gap
solution.
Old April 26th 06, 04:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Rich wrote:
With DSLRs the way they do with other things?

Of course.

More idle speculation by "Rich". Participate at your own risk.

--
John McWilliams
Old April 26th 06, 08:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 08:23:15 -0400, Rich wrote:

[...]

Do you think this much every time you sit on the john?
Why not write to Sony and share your thought with them?
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"
Old April 27th 06, 02:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 12:44:12 -0700, Bill Funk
wrote:

[...]

And to you it is...what?