Best bang for the buck?

Old December 19th 04, 02:43 PM
Jack Dotson

Default Best bang for the buck?

Hello all, first time poster here. I'm looking to get a good digital camera
for my wife for Christmas, but know very little about these camera's. I
would like to get her something that is fairly compact, easy to use (she
will point and shoot only, anything else and she wont use it), with good
picture quality being the most important and we may make prints as large as
8X10. The top of my spending range would be $400, but I'd like to spend
about $300 or less if possible.

Thanks

Old December 19th 04, 02:48 PM
Rudy Benner

Does it have to colour coordinate with her purse? Sorry, I could not resist.
{bad dog}

I am happy with my Canon A85.

Old December 19th 04, 03:29 PM
Fletis Humplebacker

"Jack Dotson"
Hello all, first time poster here. I'm looking to get a good digital camera
for my wife for Christmas, but know very little about these camera's. I
would like to get her something that is fairly compact, easy to use (she
will point and shoot only, anything else and she wont use it), with good
picture quality being the most important and we may make prints as large as
8X10. The top of my spending range would be $400, but I'd like to spend
about $300 or less if possible.

Thanks

Depends on the wifey, there's cameras that do more than
others but if it was me I'd at least consider the new slim
Casio. Saw one yesterday at Circus City, 3.2 megapixels
with fairly generous zooming. You can get more resolution
and function for the money so it depends on performance
vs. convienience. I'm tempted to get one of these myself.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/sharperi...est/co743.html

Old December 19th 04, 03:34 PM
TAFKAB

Take a look at the Canon A85, Sony P73, and Nikon 4200 for starters. There's
lots of choices in that price range. Go to www.dpreview for product
comparisons and reviews.

Old December 19th 04, 03:35 PM
leo

Rudy Benner wrote:
Does it have to colour coordinate with her purse? Sorry, I could not resist.
{bad dog}

I am happy with my Canon A85.

"Jack Dotson" wrote in message

Hello all, first time poster here. I'm looking to get a good digital
camera for my wife for Christmas, but know very little about these
camera's. I would like to get her something that is fairly compact, easy
to use (she will point and shoot only, anything else and she wont use it),
with good picture quality being the most important and we may make prints
as large as 8X10. The top of my spending range would be $400, but I'd
like to spend about $300 or less if possible.

Thanks

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX7.

I have never used that camera but it has good spec. and image
stabailizer and large display. It looks decent, though not exactly
fashionable and most important, it fits your budget.

Old December 19th 04, 03:42 PM
Fletis Humplebacker

"Fletis Humplebacker"

"Jack Dotson"
[...]