It's he The Nikon 750

Old September 14th 14, 10:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
android

Default It's he The Nikon 750

In article ,
Sandman wrote:

In article 2014091316120716065-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, Savageduck
wrote:

Savageduck:
For now I will stick with my D300S. https://db.tt/R2ENkVC2

Sandman:
He says, and links to an image that could have been taken by an
iPhone :-D

If you want to stay with an older model, all the power to you.
No need to "prove" it to anyone.

Savageduck:
Are you feeling particularly nasty today, or is there something
else bugging you?

BTW: I don't think you would be able to get this sort of image with
any current smart phone camera.

Then you think wrong. Here are some amazing landscape photos taken with an
iPhone:

I think that he referred to PIFs...
--
teleportation kills
http://tinyurl.com/androidphotography

Old September 14th 14, 02:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-09-14 09:13:20 +0000, Sandman said:

In article 2014091316120716065-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, Savageduck wrote:

Savageduck:
For now I will stick with my D300S. https://db.tt/R2ENkVC2

Sandman:
He says, and links to an image that could have been taken by an
iPhone :-D

If you want to stay with an older model, all the power to you.
No need to "prove" it to anyone.

Savageduck:
Are you feeling particularly nasty today, or is there something
else bugging you?

BTW: I don't think you would be able to get this sort of image with
any current smart phone camera.

Then you think wrong. Here are some amazing landscape photos taken with an
iPhone:

https://www.flickr.com/search/?q=landscape&cm=apple%2Fiphone_5s

Those are a selection of some very good landscape shots and are
examples of what can be done with an iP5s. However, that excellent work
not withstanding, it is yet to become a replacement for a dedicated
camera. You haven't dumped your D800E or your Sony in favor or your
iP5S have you? My iP5S is my camera of last resort not my primary.

https://db.tt/GcMGinUz

Not sure why you think this image requires a D300S?

It doesn't require a D300S, but shooting motor sport does require a
camera capable of a decent frame rate, good exposure control, lens
selection, and be able to capture moment which are spontaneous and
fleeting on the track. While an iPhone might be able to capture some of
those action shots, it is not going to do it easily.
Perhaps you should spend a day at a track and try to shoot a few cars
at high speed with your iP5S.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/subajogu/11043798804

....and that is not much more than a snapshot of questionable quality.

https://db.tt/XojheULg

Ah, you think to be in reference to the fact that a SLR has access to zoom
lenses. Taking amazing shots of airplanes isn't unique to SLR's though:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cjhawkins1961/14854638094

Nice static shot. Now go to an air show and shoot a few low level, high
speed passes with an iP5S. Most of what you come home with will be
unusable, some will be snapshot souvenirs of the event, and perhaps
there might be one or two magnificent accidental captures.

While the iPhone 5S (and the soon to be unleashed iP6/iP6+) has a good
camera, there are places it is not going to out perform a dedicated
DSLR or mirrorless.

Savageduck

Old September 14th 14, 02:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Savageduck:
On 2014-09-12 05:23:30 +0000, android said:

We all know that the Duck don't wan't it... So it won't sell!
Nikon can die now!!!

Savageduck:
For now I will stick with my D300S. https://db.tt/R2ENkVC2

Sandman:
He says, and links to an image that could have been taken by an
iPhone :-D

If you want to stay with an older model, all the power to you. No
need to "prove" it to anyone.

Are you feeling particularly nasty today, or is there something else
bugging you?

Huh?? Nasty? What do you mean?

I meant exacty that, nasty.

Savageduck

Old September 14th 14, 05:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
android

Savageduck wrote:

While the iPhone 5S (and the soon to be unleashed iP6/iP6+) has a good
camera, there are places it is not going to out perform a dedicated
DSLR or mirrorless.

Oki... You asked for it!

http://tinyurl.com/kl3nu63
Old September 14th 14, 05:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-09-14 16:06:10 +0000, android said:

Savageduck wrote:

While the iPhone 5S (and the soon to be unleashed iP6/iP6+) has a good
camera, there are places it is not going to out perform a dedicated
DSLR or mirrorless.

Oki... You asked for it!

http://tinyurl.com/kl3nu63

Nice try, but no cigar.

That isn't exactly a naked smart phone. It isn't even a phone camera.
It doesn't use the sensor in the phone or shoot to the camera roll in
the phone. It is a hybrid using a phone as a viewfinder & UI control
device with its own sensor and memory card. Also it can be used without
the phone, so the iOS or Android phone is an accessory for the camera.

BTW: WTF have you shot and shared lately with any camera?

Savageduck

Old September 14th 14, 05:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
android

On 2014-09-14 16:06:10 +0000, android said:

Savageduck wrote:

While the iPhone 5S (and the soon to be unleashed iP6/iP6+) has a good
camera, there are places it is not going to out perform a dedicated
DSLR or mirrorless.

Oki... You asked for it!

http://tinyurl.com/kl3nu63

Nice try, but no cigar.

That isn't exactly a naked smart phone. It isn't even a phone camera.
It doesn't use the sensor in the phone or shoot to the camera roll in
the phone. It is a hybrid using a phone as a viewfinder & UI control
device with its own sensor and memory card. Also it can be used without
the phone, so the iOS or Android phone is an accessory for the camera.

I was thinking of that Ricoh GXR then I saw it... ;-)

http://tinyurl.com/prt4pdv
Old September 14th 14, 06:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-09-14 16:06:10 +0000, android said:

Savageduck wrote:

While the iPhone 5S (and the soon to be unleashed iP6/iP6+) has a good
camera, there are places it is not going to out perform a dedicated
DSLR or mirrorless.

Oki... You asked for it!

http://tinyurl.com/kl3nu63

Nice try, but no cigar.

That isn't exactly a naked smart phone. It isn't even a phone camera.
It doesn't use the sensor in the phone or shoot to the camera roll in
the phone. It is a hybrid using a phone as a viewfinder & UI control
device with its own sensor and memory card. Also it can be used without
the phone, so the iOS or Android phone is an accessory for the camera.

I was thinking of that Ricoh GXR then I saw it... ;-)

http://tinyurl.com/prt4pdv

Regardless of your poking and Jonas's snide remarks, I am not
considering a FF camera, unless I could get a bargain price on a D4S.
I am seriously considering the Fujifilm X-E2 which gives me an APS-C
sensor in a compact mirrorless body, with an exchangeable lens system.
http://fujifilm-x.com/x-e2/en/

Until I take the leap and buy that system, my D300S will do just fine.

Savageduck

Old September 14th 14, 06:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
android

On 2014-09-14 16:06:10 +0000, android said:

Savageduck wrote:

[...]

The Fuji would give you a boost in resolution... ;-| But it is snappy
enough for you? ;-p
Old September 14th 14, 06:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
nospam

Savageduck wrote:

Regardless of your poking and Jonas's snide remarks, I am not
considering a FF camera, unless I could get a bargain price on a D4S.
I am seriously considering the Fujifilm X-E2 which gives me an APS-C
sensor in a compact mirrorless body, with an exchangeable lens system.
http://fujifilm-x.com/x-e2/en/

Until I take the leap and buy that system, my D300S will do just fine.

how often do you push the limits of the buffer in the d300s?

because if it's not often, a d7100 is a big step up (as is the d7000)
in every way. the buffer is the only limitation.