The sea

Old September 4th 14, 05:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_5_]

Default The sea

The photos here reflect the power of the sea.
Wish I had tekn them, but I'ms not sure I would stand and take those
photos if I was there.

http://thenextweb.com/creativity/2014/09/01/wild-waves-14-photos-ocean-overtaking-earth/

--
PeterN
Old September 4th 14, 06:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
android

In article , PeterN
wrote:

http://thenextweb.com/creativity/201...s-ocean-overta
king-earth/

Click this!

http://tinyurl.com/psba3zb
--
teleportation kills
http://tinyurl.com/androidphotography
Old September 4th 14, 09:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-09-04 16:14:32 +0000, PeterN said:

The photos here reflect the power of the sea.
Wish I had tekn them, but I'ms not sure I would stand and take those
photos if I was there.

http://thenextweb.com/creativity/2014/09/01/wild-waves-14-photos-ocean-overtaking-earth/

Check

on some of the stuff which shows up on 500px
http://500px.com/photo/82108913

Savageduck

Old September 5th 14, 01:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Eric Stevens

On Thu, 4 Sep 2014 13:45:48 -0700, Savageduck

On 2014-09-04 16:14:32 +0000, PeterN said:

The photos here reflect the power of the sea.
Wish I had tekn them, but I'ms not sure I would stand and take those
photos if I was there.

http://thenextweb.com/creativity/2014/09/01/wild-waves-14-photos-ocean-overtaking-earth/

Check

on some of the stuff which shows up on 500px
http://500px.com/photo/82108913

Then there is this
http://iliketowastemytime.com/sites/...rterG54 4.jpg
or http://tinyurl.com/mz3zeal

You can get more of the story plus a few other things at
http://iliketowastemytime.com/man-ca...ing-huge-storm

Eric Stevens
Old September 5th 14, 01:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-09-04 16:14:32 +0000, PeterN said:

The photos here reflect the power of the sea.
Wish I had tekn them, but I'ms not sure I would stand and take those
photos if I was there.

http://thenextweb.com/creativity/2014/09/01/wild-waves-14-photos-ocean-overtaking-earth/

Check

on

some of the stuff which shows up on 500px
http://500px.com/photo/82108913

Then there is this
http://iliketowastemytime.com/sites/...rterG54 4.jpg

or

http://tinyurl.com/mz3zeal

Martha! I told you to wait until the tide goes out before flushing the toilet!

You can get more of the story plus a few other things at
http://iliketowastemytime.com/man-ca...ing-huge-storm

Interesting.

I don't believe I would enjoy a leisurely cruise on the family yacht in
those waters at the height of a storm.

Savageduck

Old September 5th 14, 09:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Eric Stevens

On 2014-09-04 16:14:32 +0000, PeterN said:

[...]

Columbus encountered and survived these shores, off the coast of
Spain/Portugal, in these conditions, when he returned from his first
voyage of discovery. Irrespective of whatever else he was, he was a
master sailor.

Eric Stevens
Old September 5th 14, 11:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Fri, 5 Sep 2014 02:47:20 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave
wrote:

On Friday, 5 September 2014 09:05:26 UTC+1, Eric Stevens wrote:

Columbus encountered and survived these shores, off the coast of
Spain/Portugal, in these conditions, when he returned from his first
voyage of discovery. Irrespective of whatever else he was, he was a
master sailor.

I always thought he got lost and 'found' the americas by accident.
But then again they didn;t have GPS in those days.

He had already been there by the Norse route (up north).

Eric Stevens
Old September 6th 14, 02:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

rOn Fri, 5 Sep 2014 05:44:04 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave

wrote:

On Friday, 5 September 2014 09:05:26 UTC+1, Eric Stevens wrote:

Columbus encountered and survived these shores, off the coast of

Spain/Portugal, in these conditions, when he returned from his first

voyage of discovery. Irrespective of whatever else he was, he was a

master sailor.

I always thought he got lost and 'found' the americas by accident.

But then again they didn;t have GPS in those days.

He had already been there by the Norse route (up north).

He found america but thought it was the 'the Indies' (asia) and that's why he called the natives indians.

There good grounds for suspecting that he knew that what he had found
was not the Indies but that he had fudged the arithmetic so as to
retain the goodwill (and the money) of the King and Queen.

There also are grounds for suspecting that even on that southern route
the Portuguese had been there before him.

Eric Stevens
Old September 6th 14, 02:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN

On 9/5/2014 9:19 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
rOn Fri, 5 Sep 2014 05:44:04 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave
wrote:

SNIP

He found america but thought it was the 'the Indies' (asia) and that's why he called the natives indians.

There good grounds for suspecting that he knew that what he had found
was not the Indies but that he had fudged the arithmetic so as to
retain the goodwill (and the money) of the King and Queen.

There also are grounds for suspecting that even on that southern route
the Portuguese had been there before him.

He found a hidden stash of previously undiscovered photographs.

--
PeterN
Old September 6th 14, 03:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:
[...]

The myth of Columbus was that he discovered "America". He did no such
thing. In each of the Columbus voyages of discovery he never stepped
foot on the North American mainland. He did make it to Central America
& the South American coast, but never North America.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/38/Viajes_de_colon_en.svg

If anything the 15th Century credit for discovery & exploration of
North America (earlier exploration and settlement by Ericksen & various
Viking settlements not withstanding) should go to that other Italian
working for a royal financier, John Cabot (Giovanni Caboto). Cabot was
commissioned by Henry VII of England.

It seems the mercenary explorers of the 15th Century were principally
Italian, mainly Genovese & Venetian.

Savageduck