CF card failure

Old August 29th 14, 12:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
nospam

Default CF card failure

In article , android
wrote:

I you check I started this thread. His recomendation came too late.
Besides, I got what I needed, when I needed it. It was worth the few
bucks.

Ish! nospam had this posted two months ago. See the above... You didn't
do proper research!!

he never does.

Time si money and you are a chepooo!!!

how does wasting money on crappy software make him a 'chepooo' ?
Old August 29th 14, 04:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
android

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , android
wrote:

I you check I started this thread. His recomendation came too late.
Besides, I got what I needed, when I needed it. It was worth the few
bucks.

Ish! nospam had this posted two months ago. See the above... You didn't
do proper research!!

he never does.

Have you told him that?

Time si money and you are a chepooo!!!

how does wasting money on crappy software make him a 'chepooo' ?

Not doing useless research saves him money right? Time is money, you
know!!!
--
teleportation kills
http://tinyurl.com/androidphotography
Old August 29th 14, 04:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
android

In article , "PAS"
wrote:

"android" wrote in message
In article , PeterN
wrote:

On 8/28/2014 12:58 PM, android wrote:
In article ,
PeterN wrote:

On 8/28/2014 3:58 AM, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 22:30:28 -0400, nospam

wrote:

In article , PeterN

wrote:

It was overdue, but I had a CF card failure. True to Murphy's
law,
the
files were experimental, and would have taken hours to
repeat.
Fortunately, I did a recovery using OnTrack and all went
well.

that's rather expensive for recovering a memory card.

At $79 it was worth it to me. I did not want to spend hours
loking for
free program that might or might not solve my problem. The who
process
toook under 15 min, including learning how to use the program.
If you
believe that to be expensive, I feel sorry for you.

then you're inept, among other things.

it takes about a minute or two to find a less expensive option,
including free alternatives. or you could have asked for
suggestions
and quickly had many options.

more importantly, if instead of arguing all the time, you
actually paid
attention to what gets discussed in this newsgroup, you would
have
known the name of what is considered to be the best photo
recovery app
available, mentioned in another thread just two months ago, and
it's
about half the price.

I doubt if anyone except the poster would have remembered the
name of
any app that far back.

I'm sure I read it, but what was it?

nosense is just trying to start a tool war over recovery apps. I
won't
bite.
It would be interesting to see if he tries and shows an infrared
interpretation. I am hoping to get more to participate.

I saw nospams recommendation. You could saved some $$$ if you
hadn't so
boldly ignored him. ;-)

I you check I started this thread. His recomendation came too late.
Besides, I got what I needed, when I needed it. It was worth the few
bucks.

Ish! nospam had this posted two months ago. See the above... You
didn't
do proper research!! Time si money and you are a chepooo!!!

Who checks two-month-old postings, let alone remembers what nospam
posts?

Why do we share? Why do we care? I feel a Oprha moment comming...
Old August 29th 14, 04:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
android

In article , PeterN
wrote:

On 8/28/2014 3:44 PM, android wrote:

PeterN wrote:

On 8/28/2014 3:58 AM, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 22:30:28 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , PeterN
wrote:

[...]

I am a cheapo because I bought the first program that I thought might
work, after trying the demo. Strange use of the word.

I got one of these http://tinyurl.com/kovct5h one an auctionsite last
night. Almost mint. $22... Can't wait to get it home. No hope that it
actually works though. :-)
Old August 29th 14, 08:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Sandman

In article , nospam wrote:

PeterN:
It was overdue, but I had a CF card failure. True to Murphy's
law, the files were experimental, and would have taken hours
to repeat. Fortunately, I did a recovery using OnTrack and all
went well.

nospam:
that's rather expensive for recovering a memory card.

PeterN:
At $79 it was worth it to me. I did not want to spend hours loking
for a free program that might or might not solve my problem. The
who process toook under 15 min, including learning how to use the
program. If you believe that to be expensive, I feel sorry for
you.

then you're inept, among other things.

it takes about a minute or two to find a less expensive option,
including free alternatives. or you could have asked for suggestions
and quickly had many options.

more importantly, if instead of arguing all the time, you actually
paid attention to what gets discussed in this newsgroup, you would
have known the name of what is considered to be the best photo
recovery app available, mentioned in another thread just two months
ago, and it's about half the price.

Ah, you must be talking about Floyd's ugly hack?

--
Sandman[.net]
Old August 29th 14, 09:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
nospam

In article , Sandman
wrote:

[...]

definitely not.

i was referring to http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/.

floyd's hack isn't even worth free.
Old August 29th 14, 10:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Sandman

In article , nospam wrote:

PeterN:
It was overdue, but I had a CF card failure. True to
Murphy's law, the files were experimental, and would have
taken hours to repeat. Fortunately, I did a recovery using
OnTrack and all went well.

nospam:
that's rather expensive for recovering a memory
card.

PeterN:
At $79 it was worth it to me. I did not want to spend
hours loking for a free program that might or might not solve
my problem. The who process toook under 15 min, including
learning how to use the program. If you believe that to be
expensive, I feel sorry for you.

nospam:
then you're inept, among other things.

it takes about a minute or two to find a less expensive option,
including free alternatives. or you could have asked for
suggestions and quickly had many options.

more importantly, if instead of arguing all the time, you
actually paid attention to what gets discussed in this
newsgroup, you would have known the name of what is considered
to be the best photo recovery app available, mentioned in
another thread just two months ago, and it's about half the
price.

Sandman:
Ah, you must be talking about Floyd's ugly hack?

definitely not.

i was referring to http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/.

floyd's hack isn't even worth free.

I was making a joke

--
Sandman[.net]
Old August 29th 14, 10:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
android

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , Sandman
wrote:

[...]

that's the problem with some freeware. the gimp for instance dumped the
work of the film-gimp crowd that would give it 32bit editing and said
the they would roll their own. still eight bits. still not good enough
for serious photography, that do need 32bits. i'm not putting money in
tip jars for thing that i need now! if it don't do what you want/need
then it's a waste of time and therefore money... i e worse than free!
if you want to have an alternative to adobe you could try photoline.
there is a free trial available at http://pl32.de/. this got ranty...
i'm so sorry! ;-)

i have b t w done the no verbal thingy now and then since the
eighties... i tried it out when w allen referred to e e c in "hannah and
her sisters".
Old August 29th 14, 10:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
nospam

In article , android
wrote:

that's the problem with some freeware. the gimp for instance dumped the
work of the film-gimp crowd that would give it 32bit editing and said
the they would roll their own. still eight bits. still not good enough
for serious photography, that do need 32bits. i'm not putting money in
tip jars for thing that i need now! if it don't do what you want/need
then it's a waste of time and therefore money... i e worse than free!

exactly.

if you want to have an alternative to adobe you could try photoline.
there is a free trial available at http://pl32.de/. this got ranty...
i'm so sorry! ;-)

photoline took the gimp source code and repackaged it.
Old August 29th 14, 10:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
android

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , android
wrote:

that's the problem with some freeware. the gimp for instance dumped the
work of the film-gimp crowd that would give it 32bit editing and said
the they would roll their own. still eight bits. still not good enough
for serious photography, that do need 32bits. i'm not putting money in
tip jars for thing that i need now! if it don't do what you want/need
then it's a waste of time and therefore money... i e worse than free!

exactly.

if you want to have an alternative to adobe you could try photoline.
there is a free trial available at http://pl32.de/. this got ranty...
i'm so sorry! ;-)

photoline took the gimp source code and repackaged it.

can you substantiate that claim?