CF card failure

Old August 28th 14, 03:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN

Default CF card failure

On 8/28/2014 3:58 AM, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 22:30:28 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , PeterN
wrote:

It was overdue, but I had a CF card failure. True to Murphy's law, the
files were experimental, and would have taken hours to repeat.
Fortunately, I did a recovery using OnTrack and all went well.

that's rather expensive for recovering a memory card.

At $79 it was worth it to me. I did not want to spend hours loking for a
free program that might or might not solve my problem. The who process
toook under 15 min, including learning how to use the program. If you
believe that to be expensive, I feel sorry for you.

then you're inept, among other things.

it takes about a minute or two to find a less expensive option,
including free alternatives. or you could have asked for suggestions
and quickly had many options.

more importantly, if instead of arguing all the time, you actually paid
attention to what gets discussed in this newsgroup, you would have
known the name of what is considered to be the best photo recovery app
available, mentioned in another thread just two months ago, and it's
about half the price.

I doubt if anyone except the poster would have remembered the name of
any app that far back.

I'm sure I read it, but what was it?

nosense is just trying to start a tool war over recovery apps. I won't bite.
It would be interesting to see if he tries and shows an infrared
interpretation. I am hoping to get more to participate.

--
PeterN
Old August 28th 14, 03:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN

On 8/28/2014 8:56 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 28 August 2014 01:19:29 UTC+1, PeterN wrote:
On 8/27/2014 7:11 PM, nospam wrote:

In article , PeterN

wrote:

It was overdue, but I had a CF card failure. True to Murphy's law, the

files were experimental, and would have taken hours to repeat.

Fortunately, I did a recovery using OnTrack and all went well.

that's rather expensive for recovering a memory card.

At $79 it was worth it to me.

I can understabnd that, but what I don't like about the company or should I say mistrust is the 9.90 option to be able to re-download it, that's a total rip, because if you have brought it I'm sure they'll say you haven't brought the product but the license to use it. So you should be able to download it as many times as neccessary for the ONE lisenced computer you have purchased it for, a bit like Apple does (although they allow you as many times as you like as long as you own the computer(s) )

I have no idea whether the current version will work if I get a new
'puter with a newer O/S. A lot of companies with low priced apps do
that. All you need to do is keep a copy of the app on a CD or DVD. The
activation code is the same they sent me.

--
PeterN
Old August 28th 14, 04:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

that's rather expensive for recovering a memory card.

At $79 it was worth it to me.

I can understabnd that, but what I don't like about the company or should I
say mistrust is the 9.90 option to be able to re-download it, that's a
total rip, because if you have brought it I'm sure they'll say you haven't
brought the product but the license to use it.

wow. good catch.

worse, you have to pay up front for the 'extended download insurance'
and it's only good for one year!! what bull****.

not only is that incredibly sleazy but that's utterly disgusting.

i have *never* seen any software company charge to redownload an app,
especially when they have free trial versions available for download!
they have your payment info on file, so all they need to do is verify
it and email you the serial number.

they also try to scam you with a 'backup dvd', adding $13 to the
purchase. it can be removed but how many people are going to bother?
anyone who really wants a dvd can burn a disc right after downloading
for pennies.

companies like that are to be avoided.

So you should be able to
download it as many times as neccessary for the ONE lisenced computer you
have purchased it for, a bit like Apple does (although they allow you as many
times as you like as long as you own the computer(s) )

apple allows redownloading at any time for as many computers as you
own, and in fact is automatic for a new computer. all that is needed is
authenticating with the apple id used to originally download the app.
Old August 28th 14, 04:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

[...]

the point was that he participated in that particular thread and
commented on that app.

in fact, he even said he was going to save floyd's hack for future use.
yet another false statement.

he is just spouting like he usually does.

I'm sure I read it, but what was it?

http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/
Old August 28th 14, 05:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
android

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

[...]

Good to know! :-)))
--
teleportation kills
http://tinyurl.com/androidphotography
Old August 28th 14, 05:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
android

In article ,
PeterN wrote:

On 8/28/2014 3:58 AM, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 22:30:28 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , PeterN
wrote:

[...]

I saw nospams recommendation. You could saved some $$$ if you hadn't so
boldly ignored him. ;-)
Old August 28th 14, 08:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_5_]

On 8/28/2014 12:58 PM, android wrote:
In article ,
PeterN wrote:

On 8/28/2014 3:58 AM, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 22:30:28 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , PeterN
wrote:

[...]

I you check I started this thread. His recomendation came too late.
Besides, I got what I needed, when I needed it. It was worth the few
bucks.

--
PeterN
Old August 28th 14, 08:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
android

PeterN wrote:

On 8/28/2014 3:58 AM, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 22:30:28 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , PeterN
wrote:

[...]

Ish! nospam had this posted two months ago. See the above... You didn't
do proper research!! Time si money and you are a chepooo!!!
Old August 28th 14, 09:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PAS

"android" wrote in message

PeterN wrote:

On 8/28/2014 3:58 AM, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 22:30:28 -0400, nospam

wrote:

In article , PeterN

wrote:

[...]

Who checks two-month-old postings, let alone remembers what nospam
posts?

Old August 28th 14, 09:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_5_]

On 8/28/2014 3:44 PM, android wrote:

PeterN wrote:

On 8/28/2014 3:58 AM, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 22:30:28 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , PeterN
wrote:

[...]

I am a cheapo because I bought the first program that I thought might
work, after trying the demo. Strange use of the word.

--
PeterN