CF card failure

Old August 27th 14, 11:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_5_]

Default CF card failure

It was overdue, but I had a CF card failure. True to Murphy's law, the
files were experimental, and would have taken hours to repeat.
Fortunately, I did a recovery using OnTrack and all went well.

Just wanted to pass the word that I found the program easy to use, and
worked well. I used the home edition.
I have no connection with this company except as a customer.

http://www.krollontrack.com/data-recovery/recovery-software/windows/

--
PeterN
Old August 28th 14, 12:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

It was overdue, but I had a CF card failure. True to Murphy's law, the
files were experimental, and would have taken hours to repeat.
Fortunately, I did a recovery using OnTrack and all went well.

that's rather expensive for recovering a memory card.
Old August 28th 14, 01:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_5_]

On 8/27/2014 7:11 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

It was overdue, but I had a CF card failure. True to Murphy's law, the
files were experimental, and would have taken hours to repeat.
Fortunately, I did a recovery using OnTrack and all went well.

that's rather expensive for recovering a memory card.

At $79 it was worth it to me. I did not want to spend hours loking for a
free program that might or might not solve my problem. The who process
toook under 15 min, including learning how to use the program. If you
believe that to be expensive, I feel sorry for you.

--
PeterN
Old August 28th 14, 01:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Mort[_3_]

PeterN wrote:
It was overdue, but I had a CF card failure. True to Murphy's law, the
files were experimental, and would have taken hours to repeat.
Fortunately, I did a recovery using OnTrack and all went well.

Just wanted to pass the word that I found the program easy to use, and
worked well. I used the home edition.
I have no connection with this company except as a customer.

http://www.krollontrack.com/data-recovery/recovery-software/windows/

A few years ago, a defective PC accidentally erased 40 valuable wedding
pictures from my SD card. I used a free program, the name of which
escapes me now, and recovered 38 of the 40 photos. The 2 lost pix were
of the building's exterior, which I easily reshot.

At one time, SanDisk packed their recovery program in the SD card
packages, but they no longer do so.

The important thing, when images are lost, is to immediately (lock and)
put aside the card, avoiding any further use of it. Further use could
write over the needed images.

Mort
Old August 28th 14, 02:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_5_]

On 8/27/2014 8:56 PM, Mort wrote:
PeterN wrote:
[...]

Yup!

Now that all the images have been recovered, that will no longer be used.

--
PeterN
Old August 28th 14, 03:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Paul in Houston TX

PeterN wrote:
It was overdue, but I had a CF card failure. True to Murphy's law, the
files were experimental, and would have taken hours to repeat.
Fortunately, I did a recovery using OnTrack and all went well.

Just wanted to pass the word that I found the program easy to use, and
worked well. I used the home edition.
I have no connection with this company except as a customer.

http://www.krollontrack.com/data-recovery/recovery-software/windows/

There are three excellent file recovery programs that I recommend
and all are free.
I have all three on the gaming machine since it is very overclocked
and flakey, and Recuva on the work laptops just in case.

PhotoRec
http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec
EaseUS Data Recovery
http://www.easeus.com/data-recovery/...o-recovery.htm
Recuva
https://www.piriform.com/recuva
Old August 28th 14, 03:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

It was overdue, but I had a CF card failure. True to Murphy's law, the
files were experimental, and would have taken hours to repeat.
Fortunately, I did a recovery using OnTrack and all went well.

that's rather expensive for recovering a memory card.

At $79 it was worth it to me. I did not want to spend hours loking for a
free program that might or might not solve my problem. The who process
toook under 15 min, including learning how to use the program. If you
believe that to be expensive, I feel sorry for you.

then you're inept, among other things.

it takes about a minute or two to find a less expensive option,
including free alternatives. or you could have asked for suggestions
and quickly had many options.

more importantly, if instead of arguing all the time, you actually paid
attention to what gets discussed in this newsgroup, you would have
known the name of what is considered to be the best photo recovery app
available, mentioned in another thread just two months ago, and it's
about half the price.
Old August 28th 14, 03:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN

On 8/27/2014 10:26 PM, Paul in Houston TX wrote:
PeterN wrote:
[...]

Thanks, but it's too late now. Hope others here benefit

--
PeterN
Old August 28th 14, 08:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Pimpom

Paul in Houston TX wrote:
PeterN wrote:
[...]

Fortunately, I've never had to use a recovery tool for myself so
far. But I've used PC Inspector successfully for others several
times - both the general file recovery program and the dedicated
photo receovery tool. They are separate programs and both are
completely free.
http://www.pcinspector.de/Default.htm?language=1

Old August 28th 14, 08:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Eric Stevens

On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 22:30:28 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , PeterN
wrote:

[...]

I doubt if anyone except the poster would have remembered the name of
any app that far back.

I'm sure I read it, but what was it?

Eric Stevens