Name the New EOS

Old August 21st 14, 05:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
android

Default Name the New EOS

In article ,
"R. Mark Clayton" wrote:

"android" wrote in message
In article , android
wrote:

There have been lots and lots of talk about a new EOS 7d replacement
with a layered sensor.

http://tinyurl.com/lxqvxj9

What do you think that it should be called? Everything is "D" (except
the discontinued Nikon F6) these days and Olympus among jettisoned it
out of their nomenclature.
With this major (not the brit) shift in technology in mind: What do you
think a new "7d" should be called?

And the winner is.... Me!

The new 7d should be called EOS 7L. L for layers. I'll pick up the
price, a Dacia Duster I believe, at my connivance.

Feather duster you mean - pack of three at your local 99c store.

I've got one similar to these.

http://tinyurl.com/nyqo8qu

No need for me acquire more of that stuff. It been around for years and
looks almost pristine... That's quality for you!
--
teleportation kills
http://tinyurl.com/androidphotography
Old August 21st 14, 06:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-08-21 15:29:16 +0000, android said:

In article , android
wrote:

There have been lots and lots of talk about a new EOS 7d replacement
with a layered sensor.

http://tinyurl.com/lxqvxj9

What do you think that it should be called? Everything is "D" (except
the discontinued Nikon F6) these days and Olympus among jettisoned it
out of their nomenclature.
With this major (not the brit) shift in technology in mind: What do you
think a new "7d" should be called?

And the winner is.... Me!

So this has been an exercise in ego masturbation all along?

The new 7d should be called EOS 7L. L for layers. I'll pick up the
price, a Dacia Duster I believe, at my connivance.

Who the Hell cares what the damn thing is called?

Dacia!!? Now we know where your head is.

Have you considered farming?

You know that you want one. That's just the way it is! ;-p

Want one what?
A 7D Mk??, any Dacia, or a farm?

Currently I am happy enough with my lowly D300S, and I am leaning
toward an X-E2. I drive a Mercedes E350, and given the level of the
drought out here in the West, along with the intrusion of agribusiness,
I will skip the farming option.

Savageduck

Old August 21st 14, 06:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
android

On 2014-08-21 15:29:16 +0000, android said:

In article , android
wrote:

[...]

Lot of folks are. I know that! And those will be around for a while. In
case you want to replace it.

and I am leaning
toward an X-E2.

Probably a decent camera but it won't replace your DSLR for that that
you seem to enjoy to to.

I drive a Mercedes E350,

Nice ride... What year?

and given the level of the
drought out here in the West, along with the intrusion of agribusiness,
I will skip the farming option.

Yeah, yeah... Land is expensive, I know... ;-p
Old August 21st 14, 07:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_5_]

On 2014-08-21 15:29:16 +0000, android said:

In article , android
wrote:

There have been lots and lots of talk about a new EOS 7d replacement
with a layered sensor.

http://tinyurl.com/lxqvxj9

What do you think that it should be called? Everything is "D" (except
the discontinued Nikon F6) these days and Olympus among jettisoned it
out of their nomenclature.
With this major (not the brit) shift in technology in mind: What do you
think a new "7d" should be called?

And the winner is.... Me!

So this has been an exercise in ego masturbation all along?

The new 7d should be called EOS 7L. L for layers. I'll pick up the
price, a Dacia Duster I believe, at my connivance.

Who the Hell cares what the damn thing is called?

Canon Marketing.

--
PeterN
Old August 21st 14, 07:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-08-21 15:29:16 +0000, android said:

In article , android
wrote:

[...]

For now I am reluctant to move to a FF such as the D800/D810 with those
over sized files. For what I do, I don't need them. A D4 is not
justifiable cost-wise when I am not a pro, though all the other D4
features, including the more reasonable file sizes make it a
possibility if I ever get a cash windfall. The promising, & pending
D710 seems to be a FF camera I could afford and seems more suited to my
photography needs, but that still needs to be released.

The X-E2 on the other hand seems to be a good way to lighten the load I
have with a DSLR whatever brand. It would also be more of a replacement
for my G-11 rather than a replacement for my D300S.

I drive a Mercedes E350,

Nice ride... What year?

2012
https://db.tt/y9smR9rE

Old August 21st 14, 09:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Thu, 21 Aug 2014 08:47:20 -0700, Savageduck

On 2014-08-21 13:04:29 +0000, android said:

In article ,
Bowser wrote:

On Wed, 20 Aug 2014 13:03:29 +0200, android wrote:

There have been lots and lots of talk about a new EOS 7d replacement
with a layered sensor.

http://tinyurl.com/lxqvxj9

What do you think that it should be called? Everything is "D" (except
the discontinued Nikon F6) these days and Olympus among jettisoned it
out of their nomenclature.
With this major (not the brit) shift in technology in mind: What do you
think a new "7d" should be called?

Fred.

Any particular reason? What would the name stand for? Is it an acronym?

It's a joke you didn't seem to get.
Fred is just a name, which was what was asked for. He might as well
have suggested Dave, or Bucky.

Oki! And the question was:

"With this major (not the brit) shift in technology in mind: What do you
think a new "7d" should be called?"

Sooo.... Any ideas?

If not 7D Mk II (which it seems it will be called), why not 8D?
...or Bucky?

Why not just 7E ?

Eric Stevens
Old August 21st 14, 09:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Joe Makowiec

On 21 Aug 2014 in rec.photo.digital.slr-systems, android wrote:

In article ,
Bowser wrote:

On Wed, 20 Aug 2014 13:03:29 +0200, android wrote:

There have been lots and lots of talk about a new EOS 7d
replacement with a layered sensor.

http://tinyurl.com/lxqvxj9

What do you think that it should be called? Everything is "D"
(except the discontinued Nikon F6) these days and Olympus among
jettisoned it out of their nomenclature.
With this major (not the brit) shift in technology in mind: What
do you think a new "7d" should be called?

Fred.

Any particular reason? What would the name stand for? Is it an
acronym?

Grasshopper walks into a bar. The bartender says to him, "Hey guy! We
have a drink named after you." Grasshopper replies, "You have a drink
called Fred?"

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/
Old August 21st 14, 10:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Bowser wrote:

On Wed, 20 Aug 2014 13:03:29 +0200, android wrote:

There have been lots and lots of talk about a new EOS 7d
replacement with a layered sensor.

http://tinyurl.com/lxqvxj9

What do you think that it should be called? Everything is "D"
(except the discontinued Nikon F6) these days and Olympus among
jettisoned it out of their nomenclature.
With this major (not the brit) shift in technology in mind: What
do you think a new "7d" should be called?

Fred.

Any particular reason? What would the name stand for? Is it an
acronym?

Grasshopper walks into a bar. The bartender says to him, "Hey guy! We
have a drink named after you." Grasshopper replies, "You have a drink
called Fred?"

In the early days of computing we got into the habit of naming
temporary or scrap files 'fred'. One good thing is that with a single
instruction you could clean up all the rubbish scatered over various
directories.

We had a programmer who also used to use 'Fred' as a temporary
password in all sorts of places where a password was required. The
result was that you could get into almost anything with the password
'Fred'. It took a while to break him of this habit and we all felt
much relieved when one day he was asked 'What password did you use on
.... ' and he replied "Not Fred" and would say no more. We all thought
we had broken him of his habit until one day someone found out the
password was 'not_fred'.

Eric Stevens
Old August 22nd 14, 05:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
android

Bowser wrote:

On Wed, 20 Aug 2014 13:03:29 +0200, android wrote:

There have been lots and lots of talk about a new EOS 7d
replacement with a layered sensor.

http://tinyurl.com/lxqvxj9

What do you think that it should be called? Everything is "D"
(except the discontinued Nikon F6) these days and Olympus among
jettisoned it out of their nomenclature.
With this major (not the brit) shift in technology in mind: What
do you think a new "7d" should be called?

Fred.

Any particular reason? What would the name stand for? Is it an
acronym?

Grasshopper walks into a bar. The bartender says to him, "Hey guy! We
have a drink named after you." Grasshopper replies, "You have a drink
called Fred?"

Grasshoppers are kosher. If anybody's interested... Make great snacks I
believe. ;-)
Old August 22nd 14, 08:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
android

Savageduck wrote:

Currently I am happy enough with my lowly D300S,

Lot of folks are. I know that! And those will be around for a while. In
case you want to replace it.

and I am leaning
toward an X-E2.

Do you plan to use the Metabones Speed Booster with that?

Probably a decent camera but it won't replace your DSLR for that that
you seem to enjoy to to.

For now I am reluctant to move to a FF such as the D800/D810 with those
over sized files. For what I do, I don't need them. A D4 is not
justifiable cost-wise when I am not a pro, though all the other D4
features, including the more reasonable file sizes make it a
possibility if I ever get a cash windfall. The promising, & pending
D710 seems to be a FF camera I could afford and seems more suited to my
photography needs, but that still needs to be released.

If the rumor relayed by Sandman is right then there will be a 24 mp D750
for U soooon...

The X-E2 on the other hand seems to be a good way to lighten the load I
have with a DSLR whatever brand. It would also be more of a replacement
for my G-11 rather than a replacement for my D300S.

Nice crawlback...