Name the New EOS

Old August 21st 14, 04:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
android

Default Name the New EOS

In article , android
wrote:

There have been lots and lots of talk about a new EOS 7d replacement
with a layered sensor.

http://tinyurl.com/lxqvxj9

What do you think that it should be called? Everything is "D" (except
the discontinued Nikon F6) these days and Olympus among jettisoned it
out of their nomenclature.
With this major (not the brit) shift in technology in mind: What do you
think a new "7d" should be called?

And the winner is.... Me!

The new 7d should be called EOS 7L. L for layers. I'll pick up the
price, a Dacia Duster I believe, at my connivance.
--
teleportation kills
http://tinyurl.com/androidphotography
Old August 21st 14, 04:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-08-21 13:04:29 +0000, android said:

In article ,
Bowser wrote:

On Wed, 20 Aug 2014 13:03:29 +0200, android wrote:

There have been lots and lots of talk about a new EOS 7d replacement
with a layered sensor.

http://tinyurl.com/lxqvxj9

What do you think that it should be called? Everything is "D" (except
the discontinued Nikon F6) these days and Olympus among jettisoned it
out of their nomenclature.
With this major (not the brit) shift in technology in mind: What do you
think a new "7d" should be called?

Fred.

Any particular reason? What would the name stand for? Is it an acronym?

It's a joke you didn't seem to get.
Fred is just a name, which was what was asked for. He might as well
have suggested Dave, or Bucky.

Oki! And the question was:

"With this major (not the brit) shift in technology in mind: What do you
think a new "7d" should be called?"

Sooo.... Any ideas?

If not 7D Mk II (which it seems it will be called), why not 8D?
....or Bucky?

Savageduck

Old August 21st 14, 04:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
android

On 2014-08-21 13:04:29 +0000, android said:

In article ,
Bowser wrote:

[...]

You never got to read the original question, did you? Anyways: A winner
has been declared and the competition is therefore closed!
Old August 21st 14, 05:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-08-21 15:20:04 +0000, android said:

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:
On 2014-08-21 13:04:29 +0000, android said:
In article ,
Bowser wrote:
[...]

Dave would be cool, we have a Dave TV channel why not a camera called dave.
:-)

http://www.warble-entertainment.com/...led-dave/1406/

Please tell the class how that would relate to layered sensor
technology...

Why does your diaper seem to have been fitted so tightly that any humor
found in this silly thread, has been tough for you to process, and has
become seriously impacted?

....or are you always this obtuse?

Savageduck

Old August 21st 14, 05:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

On Thursday, 21 August 2014 16:20:04 UTC+1, android wrote:

Please tell the class how that would relate to layered sensor
technology...

It doesn't any more than any other camera, can yuo tell me where the & comes
from the D is most likely digital.

You didn't read nor the original nor the link did you? Thou nick has
it's obvious background!
Old August 21st 14, 05:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2014-08-21 13:04:29 +0000, android said:
In article ,
Bowser wrote:
[...]

It beet it was the price... ;-p
Old August 21st 14, 05:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-08-21 15:29:16 +0000, android said:

In article , android
wrote:

There have been lots and lots of talk about a new EOS 7d replacement
with a layered sensor.

http://tinyurl.com/lxqvxj9

What do you think that it should be called? Everything is "D" (except
the discontinued Nikon F6) these days and Olympus among jettisoned it
out of their nomenclature.
With this major (not the brit) shift in technology in mind: What do you
think a new "7d" should be called?

And the winner is.... Me!

So this has been an exercise in ego masturbation all along?

The new 7d should be called EOS 7L. L for layers. I'll pick up the
price, a Dacia Duster I believe, at my connivance.

Who the Hell cares what the damn thing is called?

Dacia!!? Now we know where your head is.

Have you considered farming?

Savageduck

Old August 21st 14, 05:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

On Thursday, 21 August 2014 16:29:16 UTC+1, android wrote:
In article , android

wrote:

There have been lots and lots of talk about a new EOS 7d replacement

with a layered sensor.

http://tinyurl.com/lxqvxj9

What do you think that it should be called? Everything is "D" (except

the discontinued Nikon F6) these days and Olympus among jettisoned it

out of their nomenclature.

With this major (not the brit) shift in technology in mind: What do you

think a new "7d" should be called?

And the winner is.... Me!

The new 7d should be called EOS 7L. L for layers. I'll pick up the
price, a Dacia Duster I believe, at my connivance.

Does that mean the Nikon L range as layered sensors ?

---

No. I think that they wanted to call them Lumix but got stopped by their
lawyers...
Old August 21st 14, 05:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
android

On 2014-08-21 15:29:16 +0000, android said:

In article , android
wrote:

There have been lots and lots of talk about a new EOS 7d replacement
with a layered sensor.

http://tinyurl.com/lxqvxj9

What do you think that it should be called? Everything is "D" (except
the discontinued Nikon F6) these days and Olympus among jettisoned it
out of their nomenclature.
With this major (not the brit) shift in technology in mind: What do you
think a new "7d" should be called?

And the winner is.... Me!

So this has been an exercise in ego masturbation all along?

The new 7d should be called EOS 7L. L for layers. I'll pick up the
price, a Dacia Duster I believe, at my connivance.

Who the Hell cares what the damn thing is called?

Dacia!!? Now we know where your head is.

Have you considered farming?

You know that you want one. That's just the way it is! ;-p
Old August 21st 14, 05:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
R. Mark Clayton

"android" wrote in message
In article , android
wrote:

There have been lots and lots of talk about a new EOS 7d replacement
with a layered sensor.

http://tinyurl.com/lxqvxj9

What do you think that it should be called? Everything is "D" (except
the discontinued Nikon F6) these days and Olympus among jettisoned it
out of their nomenclature.
With this major (not the brit) shift in technology in mind: What do you
think a new "7d" should be called?

And the winner is.... Me!

The new 7d should be called EOS 7L. L for layers. I'll pick up the
price, a Dacia Duster I believe, at my connivance.

Feather duster you mean - pack of three at your local 99c store.