Laughable Apple watch ads: Urban millenial D.B's that only ever see LARGE buttons on the watch

Old June 5th 15, 08:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Laughable Apple watch ads: Urban millenial D.B's that only ever see LARGE buttons on the watch

In article , Mort
wrote:

samsung used to tout having a swappable battery versus the iphone's
internal battery, but now they switched to an internal one because they
realized that so few people actually swapped it. most ultrabooks have
had internal batteries for a while and some cameras even have internal
batteries.

My Samsung S4 has a swappable battery. On several occasions, heavy usage
in important situations has run down the battery. I then swap a fully
charged battery from my pocket in about 60 seconds.

and how often does that actually happen??

if the battery lasts more than a day then it's a non-issue.

the vast majority of users never use a second battery.

in any event, the samsung s6 doesn't have a swappable battery, nor do
several other android phones or the iphone.

With a sealed
battery, I would have to find a power source, plug in the charger, and
wait for the battery to be charged.

get a battery extender.
Old June 6th 15, 07:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , Mort wrote:

nospam:
samsung used to tout having a swappable battery versus the
iphone's internal battery, but now they switched to an internal
one because they realized that so few people actually swapped it.
most ultrabooks have had internal batteries for a while and some
cameras even have internal batteries.

My Samsung S4 has a swappable battery. On several occasions, heavy
usage in important situations has run down the battery. I then swap
a fully charged battery from my pocket in about 60 seconds. With a
sealed battery, I would have to find a power source, plug in the
charger, and wait for the battery to be charged.

Not at all. When I'm in a circumstance where my battery might not last a day,
which usually are on holidays and in amusement parks, I carry a battery case,
like this one from Mophie:

http://www.mophie.com/shop/iphone-6

This is in my bag for most part of the day, along with camera gear, and it weighs
slightly more than a new battery from a Samsung.

When my battery hits 10% or something like that, I slide the phone into the case,
which charges the phone while it's still usable. The case hold over a full charge
of my phone (and is thus better than a second battery), and after half an hour or
something like that, I can detach it and use the phone like before.

The only difference is that the iPhone gets bulkier for that period than your
Samsung, but since I have more juice in this solution, I think it's a small
sacrifice, especially when I don't need to restart the phone to attach the
battery.

--
Sandman
Old June 7th 15, 05:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article , Mort
wrote:

nospam wrote:
samsung used to tout having a swappable battery versus the iphone's
internal battery, but now they switched to an internal one because they
realized that so few people actually swapped it. most ultrabooks have
had internal batteries for a while and some cameras even have internal
batteries.

My Samsung S4 has a swappable battery. On several occasions, heavy usage
in important situations has run down the battery. I then swap a fully
charged battery from my pocket in about 60 seconds. With a sealed
battery, I would have to find a power source, plug in the charger, and
wait for the battery to be charged.

You won't be able to do that on a S6! :-p
--
teleportation kills
Old June 7th 15, 03:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 6/7/2015 12:40 AM, android wrote:
In article , Mort
wrote:

nospam wrote:
samsung used to tout having a swappable battery versus the iphone's
internal battery, but now they switched to an internal one because they
realized that so few people actually swapped it. most ultrabooks have
had internal batteries for a while and some cameras even have internal
batteries.

My Samsung S4 has a swappable battery. On several occasions, heavy usage
in important situations has run down the battery. I then swap a fully
charged battery from my pocket in about 60 seconds. With a sealed
battery, I would have to find a power source, plug in the charger, and
wait for the battery to be charged.

You won't be able to do that on a S6! :-p

He doesn't have an S6. On some notebooks you cannot swap the battery.
That's why I have one where the battery can be swapped.

--
PeterN
Old June 7th 15, 07:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

samsung used to tout having a swappable battery versus the iphone's
internal battery, but now they switched to an internal one because they
realized that so few people actually swapped it. most ultrabooks have
had internal batteries for a while and some cameras even have internal
batteries.

My Samsung S4 has a swappable battery. On several occasions, heavy usage
in important situations has run down the battery. I then swap a fully
charged battery from my pocket in about 60 seconds. With a sealed
battery, I would have to find a power source, plug in the charger, and
wait for the battery to be charged.

You won't be able to do that on a S6! :-p

He doesn't have an S6.

whoosh

On some notebooks you cannot swap the battery.
That's why I have one where the battery can be swapped.

how often do you actually swap batteries?

when battery run time on a laptop is as much as 15 hours per charge
(sometimes more), there is no longer a need to swap.

****ty laptops that only get a couple of hours per charge might still
need it though. time to upgrade.
Old August 2nd 15, 02:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud

J. Clarke:
resurrecting antique thread

For certain values of "function". The iwatch will tell time and record
certain kinds of information without being close to an iphone.

On the new job I noticed that most of my co-workers were wearing "fit-
bands" or iwatches. In conversation it turns out that the company will
pay employees to meet specific fitness objectives (literally, pay cash
money, up to 500 bucks a year). The fitband or iwatch provides
documentation that the objectives were met. In that environment they
actually make economic sense.

The Apple Watch doesn't have to make economic sense. Genus Homo has
been adorning itself with baubles, bangles, & beads for uncounted
thousands of years without concern for economic sense. The Apple Watch
is a blip in the continuum.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm