DX7440 Transfer Troubles

Old February 28th 05, 02:24 AM
Susan

Default DX7440 Transfer Troubles

I hope you can help me. I can no longer transfer pictures from my
Kodak DX7440 to my XP laptop. After two hours with Kodak tech support,
I still have no way to get my pictures from my camera. All they could
say was that my USB port may need to be updated and to check out
microsoft.com. So I did, but I was already up-to-date. Device Manager
already indicates USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller 24CD, Universal Host
Controller and Root Hub. I can't tell you how many times I have
reinstalled the software. Does anyone have any ideas?

Old February 28th 05, 02:33 AM
Tony Hwang

Susan wrote:
I hope you can help me. I can no longer transfer pictures from my
Kodak DX7440 to my XP laptop. After two hours with Kodak tech support,
I still have no way to get my pictures from my camera. All they could
say was that my USB port may need to be updated and to check out
microsoft.com. So I did, but I was already up-to-date. Device Manager
already indicates USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller 24CD, Universal Host
Controller and Root Hub. I can't tell you how many times I have
reinstalled the software. Does anyone have any ideas?

Hi,
Bad USB cable/connector?
One reason I have multi card reader.
Tony

Old March 2nd 05, 03:17 PM
Ron Baird

Greetings Susan,

Sorry to hear about your trouble.

I have reveiwed your situation, Susan, and it sounds like your computer is
not registering the camera identity. Check your system to be sure your
camera is there (added when you install the software). You must have a
relatively new computer if it features USB2.0 so should work OK. Are you
connecting directly to the computer or are you connected to a hub and then
to the computer? Is this a work computer that has protective software
installed, i.e. the admin that gives you the computer has software in place
that will not allow some additions.

I suggest that you fully remove the EasyShare software, and try downloading
and installing the latest version of software. Before you do run the Clear
utility that we have in place to remove all the old software and residuals.
Once that is done try reinstalling. If you want to contact me directly you
can using my email address. I will follow through with you till you get your
system running correctly.

Talk to you soon. Let me know if you have tried any of the suggestions and
more about attributes of your system.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

ups.com...