Threats to rpd

Old April 20th 08, 04:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Lawrence Glickman

Default Threats to rpd

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 08:54:53 -0700 (PDT), Don Stauffer in Minnesota
wrote:

While many consider the flood of spam the only threat to the group, I
think the flamers and foul-mouthed posts are just as much of a threat.
It got pretty bad a few years ago but then people cleaned up their act
and things cooled down. Can't we just disagree with folks in a civil
manner?

After a Lifetime in the photography business, I am NOT going to let
anybody *question my credentials.* I studied at the best schools, and
worked for the best companies, and was rewarded with steady
employment.

I am the Real Deal. Now someone comes along, the *hobby* type, and
questions my judgment, that is fine and dandy. But I won't take
ridicule because someone else is jealous.

Lg

Old April 20th 08, 05:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

wrote:

While many consider the flood of spam the only threat to the group, I
think the flamers and foul-mouthed posts are just as much of a threat.
It got pretty bad a few years ago but then people cleaned up their act
and things cooled down. Can't we just disagree with folks in a civil
manner?

After a Lifetime in the photography business, I am NOT going to let
anybody *question my credentials.* I studied at the best schools, and
worked for the best companies, and was rewarded with steady
employment.

I am the Real Deal. Now someone comes along, the *hobby* type, and
questions my judgment, that is fine and dandy. But I won't take
ridicule because someone else is jealous.

Lg

Nor will many of us take your rude, and inappropriate rejoinders. You
are now merely a footnote to history here.
Old April 20th 08, 05:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Lawrence Glickman

wrote:

While many consider the flood of spam the only threat to the group, I
think the flamers and foul-mouthed posts are just as much of a threat.
It got pretty bad a few years ago but then people cleaned up their act
and things cooled down. Can't we just disagree with folks in a civil
manner?

After a Lifetime in the photography business, I am NOT going to let
anybody *question my credentials.* I studied at the best schools, and
worked for the best companies, and was rewarded with steady
employment.

I am the Real Deal. Now someone comes along, the *hobby* type, and
questions my judgment, that is fine and dandy. But I won't take
ridicule because someone else is jealous.

Lg

Nor will many of us take your rude, and inappropriate rejoinders. You
are now merely a footnote to history here.

Excellent.

I spent 60 years perfecting my performance in my chosen profession,
and you throw the book away because you don't like the style of
writing. This speaks VOLUMES about your intelligence (or lack
thereof).

So now the NEXT generation, YOU and your cohorts, will go about
reinventing the wheel by yourselves, making all the mistakes your
forebearers made, AGAIN, and the cycle will repeat itself.

I'll leave you all to die in your own cesspool of ignorance. Pity to
waste what I've learned over the years on people such as found here.

Lg

Old April 20th 08, 05:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Cynicor[_4_]

Lawrence Glickman wrote:
I spent 60 years perfecting my performance in my chosen profession,
and you throw the book away because you don't like the style of
writing. This speaks VOLUMES about your intelligence (or lack
thereof).

So now the NEXT generation, YOU and your cohorts, will go about
reinventing the wheel by yourselves, making all the mistakes your
forebearers made, AGAIN, and the cycle will repeat itself.

I'll leave you all to die in your own cesspool of ignorance. Pity to
waste what I've learned over the years on people such as found here.

Here's what makes a photography discussion group work: People share what
they do, and provide constructive criticism to each other. Thanks to all
of those who have chipped in on my photos.

Here's what doesn't work: People with no known professional name showing
up and announcing that they are the world's expert on a topic, providing
no evidence for their assertions and no samples of their work, and then
being nasty to anyone who questions them. For all any of us know, you
could be a 13-year-old posting stuff here, and it's up to individuals to
accept your assertions of superiority to all of us. Because frankly,
none of us know who you are or what your work is like.
Old April 20th 08, 05:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper

wrote:

While many consider the flood of spam the only threat to the group, I
think the flamers and foul-mouthed posts are just as much of a threat.
It got pretty bad a few years ago but then people cleaned up their act
and things cooled down. Can't we just disagree with folks in a civil
manner?

After a Lifetime in the photography business, I am NOT going to let
anybody *question my credentials.* I studied at the best schools, and
worked for the best companies, and was rewarded with steady
employment.

I imagine many that read this newsgroup studied in the best schools
and worked for the best companies, even if not in the field of
photography or design. We aren't bragging about it here, though, or
posting our resumes* as if it were important to this group.

If you want to link to some of your work, fine. If you want to
compliment or criticize someone else's work, fine. However, someone
who is the real "Real Deal" accompanies that compliment or criticism
with helpful or informative comments.

I am the Real Deal. Now someone comes along, the *hobby* type, and
questions my judgment, that is fine and dandy. But I won't take
ridicule because someone else is jealous.

You are being ridiculed for your pomposity and overweening egotism,
not your photographer's eye. No one is jealous of your
accomplishments in making the trains run on time in a film processing
facility.

BTW...you posted a narrative résumé, not a CV. A curriculum vitae, in
the US, is a summarization of an academic's experience, education, and
papers/books published. You are not an academic, and do not seem to
have published anything except some rather vitriolic newsgroup
postings.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old April 20th 08, 06:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

wrote:

[...]

You keep *promising* that.

Please* it is time to *deliver* on those shallow promises!

Like I said befo Don't let the screen door hit you in the ass on the way
out.

Old April 20th 08, 06:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 4/20/08 11:50 AM, in article
, "Cynicor"
wrote:

Lawrence Glickman wrote:
[...]

Sorry, a 13 year old would be light-years ahead in maturity...