MY HOMETOWN LOVES THE 20D !

Old November 11th 06, 08:25 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

Default MY HOMETOWN LOVES THE 20D !

This one was taken this afternoon from atop Lookout Mountain.

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/70047094

Old November 11th 06, 11:16 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Graham Fountain

Annika1980 wrote:
This one was taken this afternoon from atop Lookout Mountain.

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/70047094

Your lucky with all those deciduous trees available to you in autumn.
Over here, all the native trees are evergreen, with only a handful of
introduced deciduous trees to give autumn colour, so it is next to
impossible to get a shot such as yours that's full of autumn colours.
Instead you get a photo that's mostly green with a splotch or two of brown.
To add to the difficulty, we have such a short mild winter that what
deciduous trees we do have, lose their leaves slowly, and not in a
synchronised effort. It's not uncommon that in late July or early
August, one tree will starting to give it's autumn colours, while the
one beside it is starting it's spring bloom.
Here are a couple of shots I took last year (as you'll see by the dates,
31/5/05, which is technically the end of southern hemisphere "autumn",
although weather-wise it is when it is only just beginning). Last year
we had a bit colder start to winter than normal, so it encouraged the
trees to get their autumn colour a bit quicker and a bit more
synchronised than normal. This is at a local garden with a Japanese
theme, so it has about the greatest concentration of deciduous trees to
be found locally.
http://www.users.myall.net/grahamf72...&g2_itemId=359
or
http://tinyurl.com/ylsftz
Both with Pentax MZ-60, Sigma 28-80 Macro & Fuji Superia 100.
Old November 17th 06, 09:42 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Beach Bum

"Annika1980" wrote in message
This one was taken this afternoon from atop Lookout Mountain.

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/70047094

Very nice!

I was up there last month (Grandmother in hospital). I was gonna holler at
you, but there just wasn't time as the visit was unexpected and brief.

--
Mark

Mostly photography...
http://www.marklauter.com