New York Camera stores.

Old March 29th 06, 07:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default New York Camera stores.

I thought that with talk now and then about all the camera places like B&H, Beach, and all the others, you might find this webpage is interest.

http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/

Rob
Old March 29th 06, 09:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

:
: http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/
:
: Rob

Thanks for the info, but can you please **refrain** from posting to Usenet
in HTML? Thanks!!

j.

Old March 29th 06, 09:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Rob wrote:

I thought that with talk now and then about all the camera places like B&H, Beach, and all the others, you might find this webpage is interest.

http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/

Pretty pretty please post in text only next time. No HTML please.

Interesting and comprehensive site. It is a bit slow for modern day. Perhaps
the JPEG images are too large of a size for web publishing.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Old March 30th 06, 09:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" wrote in message
t...
Rob wrote:

I thought that with talk now and then about all the camera places like
B&H, Beach, and all the others, you might find this webpage is interest.

http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/

Pretty pretty please post in text only next time. No HTML please.

Interesting and comprehensive site. It is a bit slow for modern day.
Perhaps
the JPEG images are too large of a size for web publishing.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

I am sorry about the posting. All I did was to put in the URL. I thought
that this wsa "text only". But I have never posted much of anything to a
newgroup. COuld you let me know what I should do different next time please?

Many thanks,
Rob

Old March 30th 06, 03:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 12:49:04 +0200, Gisle Hannemyr wrote:

I am sorry about the posting. All I did was to put in the URL. I
thought that this wsa "text only". But I have never posted much of
anything to a newgroup. COuld you let me know what I should do
different next time please?

I could not see anything wrong with your post. No HTML.
IMHO, it acceptable to include an URL.

That's because your newsreader (which doesn't identify itself in
your headers) must be masking the HTML, which my newsreader shows by
default as a browser icon and an "835 bytes" legend. The OP looks
like this, expanded, with angle brackets replaced by parens, and is
probably the unintended consequence of some MS Outlook Express
setting, possibly a default.

I thought that with talk now and then about all the camera places like B&H,
Beach, and all the others, you might find this webpage is interest.

http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/

Rob

(!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN")
(HTML)(HEAD)
(META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1")
(META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2838" name=3DGENERATOR)
(STYLE)(/STYLE)
(/HEAD)
(BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff)
(DIV)(FONT face=3D"Bookman Old Style")I thought that with talk now and =
then about=20
all the camera places like B&H, Beach, and all the others, you might =
find=20
this webpage is interest.(/FONT)(/DIV)
(DIV)(FONT face=3D"Bookman Old Style")(/FONT) (/DIV)
(DIV)(FONT face=3D"Bookman Old Style")(A=20
href=3D"http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/")
http://donwiss.com/p=
ictures/BrooklynStores/(/A)(/FONT)(/DIV)
(DIV)(FONT face=3D"Bookman Old Style")(/FONT) (/DIV)
(DIV)(FONT face=3D"Bookman Old
Style")Rob(/FONT)(/DIV)(/BODY)(/HTML)

Old March 30th 06, 03:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Rob wrote:
snip
: I am sorry about the posting. All I did was to put in the URL. I
: thought that this wsa "text only". But I have never posted much of
: anything to a newgroup. COuld you let me know what I should do
: different next time please?

Rob, I see you're using Outhouse Express v6. First, go to 'Tools |
Options | Send' and make sure the bullet-check box next to "News Sending
Format" is checked for "Plain Text."

There are various ways to include a URL in a Usenet post, which will not
load the post down with HTML crap. What I do is to put the URL in between
the "" and "" characters. This has the benefit of allowing a very long
URL which will not break at the line wrap. So for example, the URL from
CNN.com would look like this:

http://us.cnn.com/

Once you hit the Enter (or Return) key, the characters disappear, but
the URL remains intact. That's all there is to it, dude! Peace.

J.

p.s. Hey Gisle, yes, the original post DID include HTML.

Old March 30th 06, 04:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 17:17:31 +0200, Gisle Hannemyr wrote:

You are right. No trace of HTML when I read it, but when I dumped
the source of the message I noticed that te damned thing was of
separators (absent from your expansion below),

Yep. I didn't include the MIME info. as I thought that the excess
HTML was more than enough. Way more. This is the missing stuff
for those who might be wondering about what the MIME looked like:

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C652D4.44241E80

ASCII message text here

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C652D4.44241E80

HTML message text here

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C652D4.44241E80--

I agree with you that this type of message type doesn't belong on
Usenet and also that the culprit probably is a stupid default setting
in MS Outlook Express.

Thanks to MS, OE is an equal opportunity (text) polluter. They
really like "prettifying" their products to appeal to the greatest
number, especially those that have never bought computers before.
I'll bet MS's software designers heard and had to fight off
suggestions to include an embedded BMP version of message text. g

Old March 31st 06, 02:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Gisle Hannemyr" wrote

I agree with you that this type of message type doesn't belong on
Usenet and also that the culprit probably is a stupid default setting
in MS Outlook Express.

Tools Options Send News Sending Format: Plain Text.

This over-rides anything that might try to send as HTML (like a reply to one
in that format.)

Set it and forget it!

Paul