"Minox B "spy camera

Old July 14th 04, 11:20 PM
Louise Bremner

Default "Minox B "spy camera

Ron Hunter wrote:

Sabineellen wrote:

If it's more modern then it's a piece of junk.

I'm not really familiar with the Minox B model, but i think "a piece of
junk" is way too harsh. Those cameras have their people, even if you
don't appreciate them.

I have had a Minox B since the early 1960's. I am sure that were I to
haul it out and dust it off, it would still take great pictures, just
like it did 40 years ago.

My mother had one from about the same time, and I inherited it when she
died. The image quality was starting to deteriorate so I now suspect it
needed an overhaul, but it got stolen when my sister's place was burgled
so I'll never know.

Built like a jewel.

Indeed. There was a deliciously smooth whirring sound/feel as the dials
turned. The techniques I learnt for bracing that tiny camera while
pressing the shutter have come in handy later.

But it was a hassle getting that special film sent away for developing.

Louise Bremner (log at gol dot com)
If you want a reply by e-mail, don't write to my Yahoo address!
Old July 15th 04, 12:37 AM
Ron Hunter

Louise Bremner wrote:
Ron Hunter wrote:

Sabineellen wrote:

[...]

True. I used to do my own, but that got a bit tedious and printing
required an extra lens or setting up so the paper was on the floor to
get a usable print size. The camera got coral dust in when I was
stationed on Guam and the meter never worked after that.