5 problems with digicams - solutions/recommendations?

Old February 10th 06, 04:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default 5 problems with digicams - solutions/recommendations?

HP sucks ass, common knowledge, no matter what the product is.

Old February 10th 06, 04:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

HP sucks ass, common knowledge, no matter what the product is.

I disagree. Their old LaserJets are quite good. I have a LaserJet IIIp here
with 140,000 pages on it and still kicking out beautiful (yet 300dpi)
prints.

Come to think of it, their old monitors were really good. So were their old
computers. The first generation of inkjets were really nice. Seems as though
it's only recently that they are sucking.

Steve

Old February 10th 06, 08:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Steve Mackie" wrote:
Yup. In fact, I've never even held a HP camera in my hand. I don't

recall
seeing them at any of the camera shops around here.

Thank you for clarifying this. I'll remember to take your opinions as
baseless conjecture on your part in the future.

I do not run a review website, nor do I work for a reviewing outfit and I
also do not have the resources to go around testing out every piece of
equipment on the market today. Opinions were sought, I gave mine, far from
baseless:
1. No mention of them on Steve's Digicam 'Best' list.
2. No where are they to be found in camera shops.

At this point that doesn't cut it. You hemmed and hawed for the last few
days on this issue, and that's the best you can up with after the fact?
Face it, Steve, you don't know **** about HP cameras and had to make that
lame **** up.

Normally I would expect someone who says, "I am by no means an expert, but
I'd stay away from the HPs" to have a little bit of information to back up
his claim. You know, something like a fact or two about the camera, instead
of just pulling **** out of your ass to try and cover yourself.

Of course, this is usenet, so it's not all that surprising to find people
like yourself who offer up a cowards opinion in hopes that nobody challenges
their assertation. Oh well.

I thought I do. I truncate to end the million '' that some threads have.

you are quoting. Maybe it's a setting in your newsreader.

Jon

Old February 10th 06, 03:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

At this point that doesn't cut it. You hemmed and hawed for the last few
days on this issue, and that's the best you can up with after the fact?
Face it, Steve, you don't know **** about HP cameras and had to make that
lame **** up.

You've got to be kidding. You are right, I don't know **** about HP cameras,
never said I did, don't ever plan to either. I didn't make anything up.

Normally I would expect someone who says, "I am by no means an expert, but
I'd stay away from the HPs" to have a little bit of information to back
up
his claim. You know, something like a fact or two about the camera,
instead
of just pulling **** out of your ass to try and cover yourself.

Opinions don't need reasons. If they have a reason, you don't have to like
it nor agree to it.

Of course, this is usenet, so it's not all that surprising to find people
like yourself who offer up a cowards opinion in hopes that nobody
challenges
their assertation. Oh well.

Explain to me what a cowards opinion is. Are you not getting it, OPINIONS
DON'T NEED REASONS and I DON'T GIVE A F*** what you think of my opinion. Go
argue with 'Xiaoding' for a while, I think he said HP sucks ass. Why don't
you go find out if he has any proof, perhaps video evidence, of HP sucking
someones ass.

I thought I do. I truncate to end the million '' that some threads have.

you are quoting. Maybe it's a setting in your newsreader.

Oh, ya that. I delete that line when I reply, never thought it was
important. Only thought what was said was important, not who said it.

Old February 10th 06, 03:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

In article , Steve
Mackie wrote:

Explain to me what a cowards opinion is. Are you not getting it, OPINIONS
DON'T NEED REASONS and I DON'T GIVE A F*** what you think of my opinion. Go
argue with 'Xiaoding' for a while, I think he said HP sucks ass. Why don't
you go find out if he has any proof, perhaps video evidence, of HP sucking
someones ass.

I haven't been following the thread, but if someone said that HP
cameras suck ass - they're right.
Old February 10th 06, 04:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

The length of the wave of a color of light has nothing to do with the
length of exposure. Well, unless your exposure is so short that one
whole wave of that color can't get through. Of course, you can't buy
any camera that will capture things at the speed of light or even close
to it.

The "red" color in backgrounds is probably due to different colored
light. If you shoot with a flash, but use Program mode or something
that will also expose for the background, the light on the background
is likely to be a different color than the color of the flash. This is
particularly true with incandesent bulbs (regular light bulbs). The
color isn't really red, but is pretty orange.

The easiest way to avoid this is to shoot flash in a mode that doesn't
expose for the background. Of course, you will have to read your manual
for that. Another way is to have extra flashes lighting the background,
but that is beyond most digicams.

Clyde

Old February 10th 06, 05:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Steve Mackie wrote:

JD wrote:

you are quoting. Maybe it's a setting in your newsreader.

Oh, ya that. I delete that line when I reply, never thought it was
important. Only thought what was said was important, not who said it.

Then your thoughts on that are wrong. Sometimes it's critical to qoute
properly, and at other times merely polite.

I liked the idea of the Google search, tho.

--
John McWilliams
Old February 11th 06, 12:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Randall Ainsworth" wrote:
Mackie wrote:

Explain to me what a cowards opinion is. Are you not getting it,

OPINIONS
DON'T NEED REASONS and I DON'T GIVE A F*** what you think of my opinion.

Go
argue with 'Xiaoding' for a while, I think he said HP sucks ass. Why

don't
you go find out if he has any proof, perhaps video evidence, of HP

sucking
someones ass.

I haven't been following the thread, but if someone said that HP
cameras suck ass - they're right.

What is it about HP cameras that makes them "suck ass"?

Jon

Old February 11th 06, 12:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Steve Mackie" wrote:
Opinions don't need reasons.

I guess to a person like you, this is how the world works; opinions based on
nothing, backed up by nothing. I do regret assuming that you were a man of
reason. I'll trouble you no more.

Jon

Old February 11th 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 15:00:04 -0800, Jon Danniken wrote:

I haven't been following the thread, but if someone said that HP
cameras suck ass - they're right.

What is it about HP cameras that makes them "suck ass"?

Hey, give Randall a break. He isn't always right, but this time
he knows what he's talking about. Several years ago one of HP's
cameras got moderately favorable reviews, but many of their recent
models are just awful. Difficulty focusing quickly and accurately,
and some of the worst purple fringing ever seen. Do you use one?