"USA Next" in $25M lawsuit for stealing photo

Old March 11th 05, 07:51 PM

actually, yes. you dont have to like it or agree with it... but freedom
of speech is freedom of speech. this was decided by the courts long
ago, man.

Old March 11th 05, 10:41 PM

rafeb wrote:

I didn't say it was illegal. I just
think it's an odd hobby for a lawyer.

That isn't even close to odd for a lawyer.

A lawyer still claiming to live in
"Occupied Confederate territory?." Please.

There are some that believe in states rights vs creeping federalism.
I have no idea of what he means by "cccupied confederate territory",
Might be more interesting what you think he means and why.

A passionate defense of Ernst Zundel?
That's beyond the pale, IMO.

Where did that come from? You still dissing the lawyer with stuff on
ebay?

Rafe, you are far more insteresting when you stick to photography than
attempting to be a though cop.

--
Reply to:
Lycos address is a spam trap.
Old March 11th 05, 10:59 PM
rafeb

[rafe]
A passionate defense of Ernst Zundel?
That's beyond the pale, IMO.

[clutch]
Where did that come from? You still dissing the lawyer with stuff on
ebay?

The "Alamance Independent" website, to which our
gun seller/lawyer comrade is linked. Given his/her
email address, one might logically suppose he/she
is editor of the site. It took only the most
rudimentary net searching to find this link.

What does "occupied Confederate territory" mean
to you? To me, it says "redneck."

rafe b.
http://www.terrapinphoto.com

Old March 11th 05, 11:13 PM
bob

rafeb wrote:

What does "occupied Confederate territory" mean
to you? To me, it says "redneck."

There are people who are educated and upper class (old money), who use
the phrase too.

Bob
Old March 11th 05, 11:48 PM
hotchkisstrio

There are old money people who are educated and upper class who belong to
the KKK. What's your point?

"bob" wrote in message
.. .

Old March 12th 05, 07:56 AM

Rafe quoted me:
As a lawyer, I can tell you to dream on.

and replied:
I'll bet you're a pretty good one too,

I was - until the collections business (which I specialized in)
collapsed with much of the regional job market in the late 1990s.

if you're selling gun parts and redneck bumber stickers
on eBay.

I make far more profit - with far less hassle - running an
Internet-based gun show operation than I ever did as a lawyer. That's
the reality of the glutted lawyer job market of today.
If I had it to do all over again, I'd have done the show circuit
from the start - and never gone to law school. MOST lawyers who
graduated when I did (1985) are doing marginally, grossly underemployed
in fields not requiring a law license, or both.
But I did pass the bar the first time - unlike this state's longtime
just-retired governor!

See all our stuff at a
href="http://stores.ebay.com/INTERNET-GUN-SHOW"Internet Gun Show!/a

Old March 12th 05, 08:38 AM

Rafe wrote:
It seems the plaintiffs are winning the early rounds, esquire.
A federal judge has issued a restraining order against "USA Next."

TEMPORARY restraining orders are just that. See if the two
newlyweds manage to win any money in the lawsuit - other than a
consolation-prize settlement offered solely on the grounds that it
costs less than defending a lawsuit.
The Portland newspaper may well have a good case. Whether the two
newlyweds do is a completely different legal issue.

Old March 12th 05, 12:31 PM
Chris Brown

bob wrote:
rafeb wrote:

What does "occupied Confederate territory" mean
to you? To me, it says "redneck."

There are people who are educated and upper class (old money), who use
the phrase too.

The US doesn't have any old money - it's not been around long enough. :-P