Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

Old April 6th 18, 04:33 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

On Tue, 03 Apr 2018 23:29:09 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

you are pirating it.

Not necessarily.

If you're downloading the tweaked versions from Adobe without
actually
owning a licence, then yes, you are pirating it. The instructions
on
Aodbe's download page specifically say you have to already own a
licence.

That was more or less my point. While piracy was probable it is not
necessarily piracy in every case. In saying "you are pirating it"
nospam had jumped to a conclusion which was not necessarily correct.

nope. i explained that.

the reality is that 'ultred' doesn't have a license and is pirating it.

Is he even using it?

he claims to have used it, however, that's irrelevant. since he never
bought it in the first place, he is not entitled to legally download
it.

That applies to most people.

and?

did you have a point? no.

It destroys your absolute confidence that he "is not entitled to
legally download it".

it doesn't destroy *anything*. in fact it's the opposite. it's proof he
pirated it.

While that applies to most people it does not
apply to all people.

i never said it did.

Your logic is, as usual, faulty. I will leave you with it.

Eric Stevens
Old April 6th 18, 04:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
Eric Stevens

On Wed, 4 Apr 2018 04:23:11 +0100, Ragnusen Ultred
wrote:

Am Tue, 03 Apr 2018 22:28:30 -0400, schrieb nospam:

just because *you* can't figure out how doesn't mean it's impossible.

hehhehheh ..
*Your entire belief system is comprised of fictional functionality.*

More of your classic Apple Apologist denials of well-known fact.
Why do the Apple Apologists deny facts & habitually fabricate imaginary content?
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.home.repair/Q2Fj-D3CWcs/e-Wtg_mlBAAJ

What's so predictable about you nospam, is you incessantly fabricate
fictional Apple functionality, that even you must know doesn't exist.

Why do iOS apologists incessantly fabricate fictional iOS functionality?
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/K_yBNZiPFYo/yekUPvIXAwAJ

Since you claim a functionality that simply doesn't exist, and you'll
repeatedly and incessantly fabricate that fictional functionality, let's
see if you can get a single other poster to agree with you that your
entirely fictional functionality actually exists.

*Your entire belief system is comprised of fictional functionality.*

nospam is in the process of changing the rules. He is working around
to claiming something different from the topic of discussion.

Eric Stevens
Old April 6th 18, 06:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
nospam

wrote:

just because *you* can't figure out how doesn't mean it's impossible.

hehhehheh ..
*Your entire belief system is comprised of fictional functionality.*

More of your classic Apple Apologist denials of well-known fact.

nospam is in the process of changing the rules. He is working around
to claiming something different from the topic of discussion.

nope.

the nymshifting troll is spewing his usual garbage, as are you.
Old April 6th 18, 06:31 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

[...]

you do realize you are trying to defend a well known troll, right?
Old April 6th 18, 09:21 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
dorayme[_3_]

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens

Your logic is, as usual, faulty. I will leave you with it.

nope.

you do realize you are trying to defend a well known troll, right?

Defending a right position is no crime no matter where it comes from.
But you would not understand this.

--
dorayme
Old April 6th 18, 01:45 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

"Eric Stevens" wrote

| While the details vary from one country to another, there is a general
| agreement on the difference between avoidance and evasion.
|
| Avoidance means that you can arrange your normal business affairs so
| as to minimise tax. Thee is nothing illegal about this.

This is the problem when too many logic
enthusiasts gather in one place. They all start
debating the acceptable ingredients used in
official fudge sauce and neglect to taste the
hot fudge sundae they're eating.

Avoidance.... Evasion.... Whatever you call it,
there's no debate about what Apple actually does.
They've stashed hundreds of millions of dollars in
offshore tax havens, specifically to avoid paying
corporate taxes in the US.
Timmy Cook acknowledges that. He feels that he
knows what the tax rate should be (technically
defined as "a pittance") and that the US gov't is
simply wrong to charge more. As the High Priest
of Wonderfulness, annointed by Lord Jobs Hisself,
Timmy knows. So until the gov't come to their
senses, he'll avoid operating as an American
company as much as possible.

The argument that says Apple is doing nothing
wrong has nothing to do with splitting hairs over
evasion and avoidance. There are two separate
motives, both of which are emotionally motivated
but hiding behind "logical" arguments over
technicalities:

1) Some Apple fans have a religious devotion to
Apple. For them it's an affiliation, not a retail
product. So they can't criticize. They must
support their own tribe/church. (As Windows users
it's easy to underestimate that effect. But a certain
percentage of Apple users really are zealots. Jobs
came up with the ultimate marketing strategy:

"If you follow me it means you think for yourself."

2) A simplistic Ayn-Randism that
defends selfishness by postulating that Nature's
way is basically one big game of King of the Hill,
and that anyone who thinks otherwise is living
in a land of rainbows and unicorns. Those are the
people whose main argument is to conflate
capitalism with selfishness and then use a notably
fuzzy logic to say that we *should* be selfish
because we live in a capitalist system.... We owe it
to the shareholders to be savages.... Love it or leave
it.... Etc. The same cliche "logic" gets regurgitated
every time.

You may sympathize or not with either of those
positions, but at least enjoy your ice cream.

Old April 6th 18, 03:39 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , RJH wrote:

apple is paying their *legal* tax obligation. period.

Insofar as I understand it, agreed.

then there's absolutely no issue, is there?

Yes, there is. Just because something's legal doesn't make it right.

actually, it does.

paying *more* than what they legally owe is stupid.

It may also be consistent with the makeup of the company. Just because
you think it's stupid doesn't make it so.

just because you think it's a good idea doesn't make it so.
Old April 6th 18, 03:39 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Mayayana
wrote:

Avoidance.... Evasion.... Whatever you call it,
there's no debate about what Apple actually does.

there is when people don't understand it, namely you.

They've stashed hundreds of millions of dollars in
offshore tax havens, specifically to avoid paying
corporate taxes in the US.

stashed is the wrong word. apple earned those hundreds of millions of
dollars *outside* the usa.

just about every other international company does something similar, if
not the same.
Old April 6th 18, 04:49 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 4/6/2018 10:39 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , RJH wrote:

apple is paying their *legal* tax obligation. period.

Insofar as I understand it, agreed.

then there's absolutely no issue, is there?

Yes, there is. Just because something's legal doesn't make it right.

actually, it does.

If you really believe that, you obviously don't know the difference
between legality and morality.

--
PeterN
Old April 6th 18, 04:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.apps
Ragnusen Ultred

Am Fri, 06 Apr 2018 08:43:19 +1000, schrieb dorayme:

You say you only speak facts. But do you always back each with more
facts like an adult? But how can this be possible given that there is
an infinite series here and human life is limited? Perhaps adults come
to some bedrock of facts that do not require backing up?

Hi dorayme,

I asked a simple technical question in this thread.
Did it get answered?

Did I ask that _same_ technical question in the adult newsgroups.
Did the adults come to a fantastically accurate fact-filled answer?

What's the difference?

HINT:
- Do you think Jolly Roger ever speaks facts?
- Or nospam? Or Lewis? Or BK@OnRamp? Or Hemidactylus?

You do know what the answer is to those question, don't you?