5 megapixel camera suggestion

Old June 30th 04, 02:05 PM
adm

Default 5 megapixel camera suggestion

"Jorge Prediguez" wrote in message
om...
"Anna" wrote in message

news:f6nEc.943728$oR5.897444@pd7tw3no...
I'm looking to purchase a 5 megapixel camera and would really appreciate
some help on this.

What I need is a camera that is 5 megapixel, point and shoot, little red

eye
problem and a good flash. I don't need a heck of a lot of features.

Most
if not all of my shots would be done with auto setting. I was

originally
looking at the Canon G5, but there are way to many options on it for my
needs.

Any thoughts on what else would be suitable.

Thank you.

You need to buy the Sigma SD9. This camera is more then 10 megapixels.
It takes great fuking pictures. The quality can't be beat. Canon
cameras all suck tuna juice from your white honkey tonk pussy hole.
You white cracker hoes love Mexican Sigma photographers. We really get
you're ****s wet.

Incorrect use of apostrophe and fake persona.

next.....

Old June 30th 04, 02:48 PM
John McWilliams

Default [OT] megapixel camera suggestion

[...]

Calling that a persona maybe a stretch!
Followups set to alt.morons
Old June 30th 04, 05:38 PM
Steve Hix

In article f6nEc.943728$oR5.897444@pd7tw3no, "Anna"
wrote:

I'm looking to purchase a 5 megapixel camera and would really appreciate
some help on this.

What I need is a camera that is 5 megapixel, point and shoot, little red eye
problem and a good flash. I don't need a heck of a lot of features. Most
if not all of my shots would be done with auto setting. I was originally
looking at the Canon G5, but there are way to many options on it for my
needs.

Any thoughts on what else would be suitable.

My wife likes her Canon Powershot S50. Small, good quality images.

I get to use it in the interim; I'm between film (sold it all off) and a
new digital system.
Old June 30th 04, 06:23 PM
Anoni Moose

Ron Hunter wrote in message ...
Anna wrote:

I'm looking to purchase a 5 megapixel camera and would really appreciate
some help on this.

What I need is a camera that is 5 megapixel, point and shoot, little red eye
problem and a good flash. I don't need a heck of a lot of features. Most
if not all of my shots would be done with auto setting. I was originally
looking at the Canon G5, but there are way to many options on it for my
needs.

Another good one is the Sony DSC-P100 5.1 megapixel camera. Very
small/compact,
very fast both from power-on and from button push, very light (6.5 oz
w/batt),
it lasts *forever* on one charge (about 360 photos with every other
one using flash and assumes one taking 30 seconds for each photo).
With the docking station one never needs to open the camera (charges
battery and connects USB to computer). Does the anti-redeye trick.
Can also focus in darkness with a focus-assist light that comes on
when needed. It's flash has a "flash sync" mode (easy/fast to set
whenever needed) to get rid of those black-backgrounds in typical
flash pictures.

Also is available in Red and Blue versions as well as traditional
silver. Red looks particularly cool (one I've seen).

User interface is very easy to use and is very convienient. Also, can
do 640 x 480 video @ 30 fps for as long as the memory card lasts
(we've a 1-Gb card in ours). Just got one a week or two ago (red
model).

A true pocket P&S camera. Fits in a pocket with room to spare.

Mike

P.S. - $399 list price in U.S.
Old June 30th 04, 06:46 PM
Steven M. Scharf

"Anna" wrote in message
I'm looking to purchase a 5 megapixel camera and would really appreciate
some help on this.

What I need is a camera that is 5 megapixel, point and shoot, little red

eye
problem and a good flash. I don't need a heck of a lot of features. Most
if not all of my shots would be done with auto setting. I was originally
looking at the Canon G5, but there are way to many options on it for my
needs.

Any thoughts on what else would be suitable.

Go to: http://dcresource.com/reviews/cameraList.php

Select: 5 megapixel, Compact Flash, AF Assist Lamp, and Recent Model, and
Proprietary

Of the under $500 cameras that come up, I'd advise the Canon G5, Canon S60
or the Olympus 5060.

"A good flash" is subjective, but it you need a camera that supports an
external flash, then the S60 is eliminated. Tough choice between the 5060
and the G5

Don't worry about all the options on the G5. You don't have to use them.
Even most pros now use green mode (automatic) a lot of the time.

The Nikon CoolPix 5200 would also be okay, but it uses the less desirable SD
memory cards. No external flash.

Don't buy anything without an AF Assist Lamp.

Don't buy anyhting that uses AA batteries.

Old June 30th 04, 06:48 PM
Richard Cockburn

"Steven M. Scharf" wrote in
k.net:

Don't worry about all the options on the G5. You don't have to use them.
Even most pros now use green mode (automatic) a lot of the time.

Most pros (if any?) would not use the G5.

--
"Live fast. Die young." (Nikki Sixx)

-Richard Cockburn
Old June 30th 04, 07:21 PM
Steven M. Scharf

"Richard Cockburn" wrote in message
. 1.4...
"Steven M. Scharf" wrote in
k.net:

Don't worry about all the options on the G5. You don't have to use them.
Even most pros now use green mode (automatic) a lot of the time.

Most pros (if any?) would not use the G5.

This is true, but on SLRs, even pros often use automatic mode for "normal"
shots. Especially on Canon cameras. I wouldn't not get the G5 just because
it has a lot of capability that might go unused. It's probably the best 5
megapixel compact camera on the market right now.

Old June 30th 04, 08:06 PM
A.F. Hobbacher

Have a look at the new Sony DSC-W1. It is phantastic.

AFH
################################################## ######

Old June 30th 04, 10:06 PM
Fuzzy Logic

"Anna" wrote in news:f6nEc.943728$oR5.897444@pd7tw3no:

I'm looking to purchase a 5 megapixel camera and would really appreciate
some help on this.

What I need is a camera that is 5 megapixel, point and shoot, little red
eye problem and a good flash. I don't need a heck of a lot of features.
Most if not all of my shots would be done with auto setting. I was
originally looking at the Canon G5, but there are way to many options on
it for my needs.

Any thoughts on what else would be suitable.

Thank you.

Canon PowerShot S500? I have a S400 and am quite please with it.