$25,000 Reward for Japanese Whalers' Coordinates

Old January 30th 07, 03:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default $25,000 Reward for Japanese Whalers' Coordinates

Sea Shepherd Conservation Society is offering a reward to any one
person or group that can provide the coordinates of the Japanese
Whaling Fleet presently operating in the Ross Sea.

"This information will save us considerably in fuel costs," said
Founder and President of Sea Shepherd Captain Paul Watson. "We know
the Japanese whaling fleet is within 500 miles of us. We are willing
to pay USD$25,000 for any information that successfully leads us to
the fleet."

If you know someone who works in maritime tracking, satellite imagery,
the Japanese fishing industry, cetacean research, who's doing an ocean
crossing in the Pacific or working in some other field that might have
first hand knowledge of where the fleet will be, pass this message
along.

The ship we are seeking is named the Nisshin Maru, gross tonnage
8,030, length 130 metres, radio call sign JJCJ. She is the factory
ship and will be accompanied by three catchers, Kyo Maru No. 1 with
radio call sign JKNG, the Yushin Maru call sign JLZS and Yushin Maru
No. 2, call sign JPPV.

Information can be relayed to our head office in Friday Harbor,
Washington, at 360-370-5650 or faxed to 360-370-5651or e-mailed to

If desired, informant's identity may remain confidential.

seashepherd.org/news/media_070127_1.html

Old January 30th 07, 05:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
m II

wrote:
[...]

Hey, Japan!

Dead Whales = NO SALES!

Boycott the killers until they abandon the hunt.

mike

Old January 30th 07, 05:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Floyd L. Davidson

Jer wrote:
wrote:
Sea Shepherd Conservation Society is offering a reward to any
one person or group that can provide the coordinates of the
Japanese Whaling Fleet presently operating in the Ross Sea.

If I had a clue, I'd rat that scum out in a heartbeat.

You realize that Watson is well known as a convicted criminal,
a liar, and has no integrity at all.

The Japanese Research Whaling fleet is operating entirely within
international law (Watson is not), and providing *precisely* the
type of information the International Whaling Commission has said
that it needs.

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)
Old January 30th 07, 08:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
GMAN

In article . com, wrote:
[...]

The $25,000 you offer isn't even enough to bail us out for helping you commit
a felony.
Old January 30th 07, 08:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
GMAN

In article iqAvh.17372$Fd.14830@edtnps90, m II wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Whale meat tastes good with Rye bread and mayonaise!
Old January 30th 07, 10:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Doug MacDonald

"Floyd L. Davidson" wrote in message
: Jer wrote:
: wrote:
: Sea Shepherd Conservation Society is offering a reward to any
: one person or group that can provide the coordinates of the
: Japanese Whaling Fleet presently operating in the Ross Sea.
:
:
: ...
:
: If I had a clue, I'd rat that scum out in a heartbeat.
:
: You realize that Watson is well known as a convicted criminal,
: a liar, and has no integrity at all.
:
: The Japanese Research Whaling fleet is operating entirely within
: international law (Watson is not), and providing *precisely* the
: type of information the International Whaling Commission has said
: that it needs.
:
What's that Floyd?
The size of the wax plug in a minki whale's ear?
That really is the extent of the "scientific research" after they fire a
harpoon into them, drag the not yet dead mammal back to the mother ship
while the sharks rip the hell out of the still alive animal... before the
Japs carve 'em up and eat 'em. What's left they sell to the fish market.
Yeah... Legal indeed! Legal to a Jap, maybe. Watson is a saviour of these
creatures who puts his own life on the line to save the whales.

Of course you Eskimos have a legal right to paddle out in a canoe and shoot
one for a feed. The rest of the world doesn't need to.

Douglas

Old January 30th 07, 04:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Floyd L. Davidson

"Doug MacDonald" wrote:
"Floyd L. Davidson" wrote in message
:
: The Japanese Research Whaling fleet is operating entirely within
: international law (Watson is not), and providing *precisely* the
: type of information the International Whaling Commission has said
: that it needs.
:
What's that Floyd?
The size of the wax plug in a minki whale's ear?

There has been a *massive* amount of biology done by the
Japanese Whale Reseach Project. They have produced more
research than virtually all other sources combined! The reports
are peer reviewed by the IWC Science Committee each year, and
the plan for next year's research is pre-approved. The Science
Committee has stated that the research is appropriate.

For one example, see IWC document 49/4, "Report of the
Scientific Committee, 1997" and document "Report of the Workshop
to Review the Japanese Whale Research Programme under Special
Permit for North Pacific Minke Whales (JARPN), Tokyo, 17-10
February 2000".

We can assume the Science Committee knows more about cetacean
biology and research than you do, for example.

I would note that you and I have been over this topic before. Your
lack of integrity is showing. You already *know* that what you are
stating is untrue.

That really is the extent of the "scientific research" after they fire a

You *know* that is a lie.

Here are the papers (23 of them!) submitted in 2005, plus the ICW Science
Committee review of them.

http://www.icrwhale.org/JARPAReview2.htm

So you find *any* of them that mention was ear plugs?

harpoon into them, drag the not yet dead mammal back to the mother ship
while the sharks rip the hell out of the still alive animal... before the

You *know* that is a lie. Most whales are absolutely
unconscious withing seconds. There is no significant difference
between what happens to hunted whales and farmed pigs. Except
that a pig is much more intelligent than a whale. So please
puke next time you see bacon and eggs on a breakfast plate.

Japs carve 'em up and eat 'em. What's left they sell to the fish market.
Yeah... Legal indeed! Legal to a Jap, maybe.

They are *required*, by international law (specifically Article
8 of the International Conventiona for Regulation of Whaling),
to sell the meat.

Watson is a saviour of these
creatures who puts his own life on the line to save the whales.

Watson is a criminal. He is a liar. He is taking your money
and have a good time floating around the world's oceans being a
pirate. Last I knew (a couple weeks ago) Watson couldn't find
any country in the world that would register his vessel...
don't you wonder why that happens???

Of course you Eskimos have a legal right to paddle out in a canoe and shoot
one for a feed. The rest of the world doesn't need to.

What? The rest of the world doesn't need to eat? Interesting,
and a concept *you* should test.

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)
Old January 30th 07, 04:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Floyd L. Davidson

Jer wrote:
Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
Jer wrote:
wrote:
Sea Shepherd Conservation Society is offering a reward to any
one person or group that can provide the coordinates of the
Japanese Whaling Fleet presently operating in the Ross Sea.

If I had a clue, I'd rat that scum out in a heartbeat.

You realize that Watson is well known as a convicted criminal,
a liar, and has no integrity at all.
The Japanese Research Whaling fleet is operating entirely
within
international law (Watson is not), and providing *precisely* the
type of information the International Whaling Commission has said
that it needs.

Well, the law has no integrity either, so no points there. The

The law has a great deal of integrity. You get no points when
you make it clear that you don't understand it.

Watson is a criminal. I assume he's found a country by now, but
as of a couple weeks ago no country would register his vessel.
Why do you suppose the UK rejected his application? Why do you
suppose Belize de-registered it?

JRW fleet is a thin cover for supplying whale product to the
Japanese.

That is simply not true. The Japanese Research Whaling Project
has produced more valid research than virtually all other
cetacean research projects combined.

We might note that there is a precident for the US distributing
propaganda claims saying the research is a disguise for
commercial whaling though! In fact the country that has done
that is the US. When hunting Sperm whales was banned, the US
set up a "research project" to provide Sperm oil to the
munitions industry. That continued until a synthetic water
replacing oil was developed a few years later.

I would point out to you that the US government ceased, in late
2004, distributing that type of propaganda about the Japanese
research. It's an interesting story, but is both long and very
off topic here. Whatever, you are out of date... :-)

The IWC is too focused on business to actually
accomplish anything remotely helpful to the issue of protection.
I figure they're sleeping together.

You don't seem to have a clue about the IWC. It is not focused
"on business", it is in total disarray and on the verge of
collapse.

The only functional part of the IWC is the Science Committee,
which has supported the Japanese research from day one.

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)