Sigma ads in photo mags

Old September 30th 04, 03:04 AM
Randall Ainsworth

In article , Peter A.
Stavrakoglou wrote:

You have conveniently omitted the fact that I've "sung the praises" for
quite a few cameras, not just my own. Unlike you, I don't paint things with
a broad and inaccurate brush.

Somethings fit generalization well...like ALL SIGMA PRODUCTS ARE CRAP.
Old September 30th 04, 03:05 AM
Randall Ainsworth

In article , Georgette
Preddy wrote:

Outdoor Cnaon images are all blown. Including all of the outdoor and
all of the indoor shots of the Mk II's (all models) on dpreview. The
Canon CMOSs are very poorly fabricated, using Canon's absurdly
obsolete 386-486 level fabrication processes. Sigma's color is much
better than Canon's, noise is dramatically lower than Canon at ISO
100, and dynamic range is aat least 2 stops greater, more like 4
outdoors.

Here's the key to Preddy...take what he says and reverse it 180-degrees
and you'll come pretty close to the truth.

Canon DSLRs are fine if image quality is secondary to connectivtiy (to
included pooled lenses) and need a good solid $4000-8000 body and can
live with very poor ergonomics. But don't kid yourself, Canons are
not good image shooters--in fact the avg shot out of them is simply
terrible. Or as Sport Illustrated said about their 2004 all-Canon
digital 1-series body workflow... "we got 15,000 pieces of crap."

Having fun with your 3.42MP kiddie camera?
Old September 30th 04, 08:48 AM
Summitar

Steve Giovanella, masquerading as war hero George Preddy, wrote:

The SD9 has the best skin tones of any digital SLR, and I've used all
the decent ones.

Shut up, Giovanella, you repulsive troll.
Old October 2nd 04, 01:54 PM
Randall Ainsworth

In article , Georgette
Preddy wrote:

I have used them, which is why I don't use them. Obviously all Bayers
interpolate, you wrong if you don't believe it. So does the SD9 so
there goes your theory that I won't use one. The SD9/10's
interpolated output is 13.72MP, making it the highest MP camera
currently for sale.

3.42MP kiddie toy...