Ceremonial Masks

Old July 13th 11, 04:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dudley Hanks[_4_]

Default Ceremonial Masks

"otter" wrote in message
On Thursday, July 7, 2011 1:26:33 AM UTC-5, Dudley Hanks wrote:

The extra pixels are one thing, more cropping room is a plus for me, but
the
ISO is the key. It's not that I'd run around taking shots at 12,500, but
the extra speed would make it possible to compose at high speed, then
lower
for shots.

If ISO is really your highest priority, you may want to consider Nikon. The
D3S comes to mind, but there are others. I'm not a Nikon expert, so you
will have to do your own research, but I think it is common knowledge that
Nikon has the edge over Canon right now when it it comes to low noise at
high ISO.

But low noise at high ISO and lots of pixels - that is elusive. The 5D2
scores pretty well, but nothing is perfect.

Yeah, I've done a bit of checking around, and I'm seriously thinking of the
Nikon option.
Although, given what I've already sank into Canon, the T3i is, in reality,
the front runner.

The only time the high ISO is important is when I try to use residual sight
to frame, which is possible in a rather limited set of lighting
circumstances. At other times, I shoot "blind," without using either
viewfinder or LCD display, so the ISO can get set a bit more like other
photogs would opt for.

But, before making any decisions, I'll probably run down to a camera shop
and ask if I can set up a few things to shoot in a back room and see how one
of the Nikons looks through the LCD...

Take Care,
Dudley