"Clear" picture style for Nikon?

Old June 16th 06, 04:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default "Clear" picture style for Nikon?

In DPP, for Canon, one can implement a "clear" Picture Style. Anyone
know how produce a similar effect with the settings in Nikon Capture or
in Photoshop?

Thanks.
Kevin

Old June 20th 06, 01:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Basically, the "clear" picture style was designed to kill haze and such
from skies, resulting in blue skies (clear skies, as in a clear day vs.
a hazy day). I'll see if I can post an example.

Kevin

Ed Ruf wrote:
On 15 Jun 2006 20:19:35 -0700, in rec.photo.digital "k-man"
wrote:

In DPP, for Canon, one can implement a "clear" Picture Style. Anyone
know how produce a similar effect with the settings in Nikon Capture or
in Photoshop?

It might help if you actually described the effect you're looking for.
I doubt there are legions of uses intimately familiar with both DPP
and Capture.
Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 )
http://EdwardGRuf.com

Old June 28th 06, 04:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Hi:

Thanks for responding. I've tried it in CS. But I haven't been able
to get it to get rid of sky haze.

Kevin

Ed Ruf wrote:
On 20 Jun 2006 05:24:30 -0700, in rec.photo.digital "k-man"
wrote:

Basically, the "clear" picture style was designed to kill haze and such
from skies, resulting in blue skies (clear skies, as in a clear day vs.
a hazy day). I'll see if I can post an example.

Have you tried shadow/highlight tool in CS2?
Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 )
http://EdwardGRuf.com