Apple pays $400 over e-book price collusion suite

Old July 17th 14, 09:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

Default Apple pays $400 over e-book price collusion suite

On 7/17/14 1:48 AM, in article
, "RichA"
wrote:

BBC:

Technology giant Apple has agreed to pay as much as $400m (£233m) to settle a
lawsuit into accusations that it colluded with publishers to fix the price of
e-books.

The settlement depends on Apple losing an appeal into a 2013 ruling that it
violated anti-trust laws over pricing.

That ruling found Apple orchestrated "a conspiracy with five publishers to
artificially raise e-book prices".

Apple has continued to deny that it engaged in any wrongdoing.

"We did nothing wrong and we believe a fair assessment of the facts will show
it," Kristin Huguet, an Apple spokeswoman, said.

If approved by a judge, the $400m will go to consumers. Apple will pay an
additional $20m in legal fees.

"In a major victory, our settlement has the potential to result in Apple
paying hundreds of millions of dollars to consumers to compensate them for
paying unlawfully inflated e-book price," said New York Attorney General Eric
Schneiderman, who announced the settlement ahead of a damages trial that was
set to begin on 25 August.

There, lawyers representing consumers and 33 US states, were to request $840m
in damages be awarded to consumers who were negatively impacted by the alleged
higher prices for e-books.

The publishers who are accused of colluding with Apple - Hachette Book Group,
HarperCollins Publishers, Penguin Group (USA) Inc, Macmillan and Simon &
Schuster Inc - have already settled for $166m in a separate suit.

The settlement had previously been announced in late June but the details had
not been released.

That amounts to about 6.5 cents a share, yet the Wall Street Traders have
pulled it down about three bucks a share today and yesterday, creating a
"buy" opportunity for you, Rich. Don't miss out on this!!!

Old July 18th 14, 01:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 7/17/14 4:09 PM, in article
, "RichA"
wrote:

On Thursday, July 17, 2014 4:09:40 PM UTC-4, George Kerby wrote:
On 7/17/14 1:48 AM, in article

, "RichA"

wrote:

[...]

Who knows what other criminality they will unearth?

Better run and get your cosmic ray deflective
detective bean bung and bunker down!!!

Like that?
Believe me, it's not as bad as trying to read your Google Mail ****...

Old July 19th 14, 12:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-07-18 22:49:36 +0000, RichA said:

On Friday, July 18, 2014 8:41:13 AM UTC-4, George Kerby wrote:

Unreadable Crap Snipped

Like that?
Believe me, it's not as bad as trying to read your Google Mail ****...

Then don't read it, you drooling moron. Easy, huh?

Good suggestion, seeing as all you are doing is adding to the tedium
and decline of this NG.
Your Anti-Apple agenda is not exactly r.p.d. material. (nor is a whole
bunch of the current thread drift.)

....as for Rich, he doesn't even consider his Anti-Apple, anti-anything
rants worthy of an "OT" warning in the subject line. This further
confirms RichA's role here as a flame-baiting troll.

I have been a guilty as any of the usual suspects regarding thread
drift, but what is happening now is beyond OT.
This NG is making me feel more and more curmudgeonly, and I don't like
it. The time has come to take a break from r.p.d. and lose myself in
some PS/LR stuff.

Savageduck

Old July 19th 14, 03:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 7/18/14 6:50 PM, in article
2014071816500185695-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, "Savageduck"

On 2014-07-18 22:49:36 +0000, RichA said:

On Friday, July 18, 2014 8:41:13 AM UTC-4, George Kerby wrote:

Unreadable Crap Snipped

Like that?
Believe me, it's not as bad as trying to read your Google Mail ****...

Then don't read it, you drooling moron. Easy, huh?

Good suggestion, seeing as all you are doing is adding to the tedium
and decline of this NG.
Your Anti-Apple agenda is not exactly r.p.d. material. (nor is a whole
bunch of the current thread drift.)

...as for Rich, he doesn't even consider his Anti-Apple, anti-anything

rants worthy of an "OT" warning in the subject line. This further
confirms RichA's role here as a flame-baiting troll.

Rich is like the little boy in 2nd grade that will do ANYTHING to get
attention of the class and disrupt whatever practical activity going on.
Whether it is the insistence of his posting style to be, in HIS mind,
"cool", to rants about all things AAPL, he is the ultimate child - holding
his breath while stamping his tiny feet and yelling "me, me , ME!".

Methinks his mama withheld nursing when he was tinier...

Old July 20th 14, 08:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Usenet Account

On 19/07/2014 10:51 AM, George Kerby wrote:

rants worthy of an "OT" warning in the subject line. This further
confirms RichA's role here as a flame-baiting troll.

Rich is like the little boy in 2nd grade that will do ANYTHING to get
attention of the class and disrupt whatever practical activity going on.
Whether it is the insistence of his posting style to be, in HIS mind,
"cool", to rants about all things AAPL, he is the ultimate child - holding
his breath while stamping his tiny feet and yelling "me, me , ME!".

Methinks his mama withheld nursing when he was tinier...

His Mother did tell RichA to walk a block a day . . . and don't call
until you get to Vancouver!

--
Men make their own history, but they do not make it as they please; they
do not make it under self-selected circumstances, but under