Shelf life of E6 chemicals

Old December 10th 04, 10:52 PM
P. Meschter

Default Shelf life of E6 chemicals

I have some Kodak E6 that was opened in April and assume this will still be
serviceable.
However, I found a 6-bath Tetenal kit that I bought last year that I forgot
about and has not been opened. If sealed, what might I realistically expect
for a shelf life of the Tetenal? Would you use it?
Thanks,
Paul

Old December 11th 04, 12:24 AM

"I have some Kodak E6 that was opened in April and assume this will
still be
serviceable."

What? What?

WHAT?

Old December 11th 04, 12:59 AM
P. Meschter

Umm...yes. I bought a six bath Kodak E6 kit in April, mixed one batch for a
few 8x10 Fujichromes and haven't touched it since. The diluted chemicals
have been discarded but I assume that the undiluted chemicals are still
usable. Better?

oups.com...

Old December 11th 04, 01:17 AM
Claudio Bonavolta

"P. Meschter" a écrit dans le message de
I have some Kodak E6 that was opened in April and assume this will still

be
serviceable.

If it wasn't mixed completely (I only mix what I need and keep the
concentrates), it may be fine.
First developer darkens with oxydation, it's a good indicator.
You may increase concentrates' life by filling the bottles with inert gaz.
With any chemical, if you have a doubt, don't develop important films with
it.

However, I found a 6-bath Tetenal kit that I bought last year that I

forgot
about and has not been opened. If sealed, what might I realistically

expect
for a shelf life of the Tetenal? Would you use it?

It should be fine, but, again, try it first with non-important films.

Thanks,
Paul

Regards,
Claudio Bonavolta
http://www.bonavolta.ch

Old December 11th 04, 01:38 AM

No, opened chemistry of that age is dead.

Old December 11th 04, 01:38 AM

No, opened chemistry of that age is dead.

Old December 11th 04, 02:21 AM
Frank Pittel

P. Meschter wrote:
: Umm...yes. I bought a six bath Kodak E6 kit in April, mixed one batch for a
: few 8x10 Fujichromes and haven't touched it since. The diluted chemicals
: have been discarded but I assume that the undiluted chemicals are still
: usable. Better?

The first thing you want to do is ignore the troll. The second thing you want to do
is look on the box the chemistry came in and look at the expirationSP? date on the
box. I've done the same thing you did and after six months of sitting on a shelf I
had more E6 to develop and mixed up what I needed and it worked fine.

I also just dump a kit with half of it left because it past the expiration date.

Old December 11th 04, 02:31 AM

Ah, but he said this is OPENED chemistry, FP!
It is certainly deceased.