Don't forget to send your favorites!

Old November 1st 09, 07:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Default Don't forget to send your favorites!

On 2009-11-01 07:13:14 -0800, Alan Browne

On 2009-10-31 15:43:57 -0700, "Jeff R." said:

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
Jeff R. wrote:

Yet even that -parthenogenesis- is conceivably ( sorry - :-| )
one of
the easist to believe and, maybe, more likely of the necessary
beliefs.

Surely. But in the time since it would likely have occurred numerous
times. Has it?

I think so.
I *cannot* believe that some of the mothers I see with kids in tow have
*ever* had sex.

Some of them didn't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invitro_fertilization

Doesn't obviate sex.

It does if you use the cruder definition of sex as actual coitus, as
opposed to fertilization and cell division. Especially since the female
in this case wouldn't even have to meet the sperm donor, let alone be
intimate.

I doubt many men would call invitro, without penetration, sex.
Let's see you sit back and be gratified by that?

You misunderstand what I said. Because a woman has an in-vitro fert.,
that does not mean she's a virgin. In fact it's extremely unlikely that
a virgin would be approved for IVF.

Further, your reply cur around the definition of parthenogenesis which
is essentially "self reproduction". IVF is definitely not parthenogenesis.
Old November 1st 09, 07:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
NameHere

On Sun, 1 Nov 2009 09:43:57 +1100, "Jeff R." wrote:

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
m...
Jeff R. wrote:

Yet even that -parthenogenesis- is conceivably ( sorry - :-| ) one of
the easist to believe and, maybe, more likely of the necessary beliefs.

Surely. But in the time since it would likely have occurred numerous
times. Has it?

I think so.
I *cannot* believe that some of the mothers I see with kids in tow have
*ever* had sex.

To put the kibosh on this puerile off-topic troll's nonsense.

One of my own truisms:

"Ugliness, as well as beauty, lies solely within the eye of the beholder.
Those that see ugliness in others are only revealing the ugliness within
themselves." by ~ caMel ~

Yes, you may quote me in the future. You'll have to. The next time someone
tells you how ugly you are you'll be able to explain to them why.

Old November 1st 09, 08:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2009-11-01 11:00:20 -0800, Alan Browne

On 2009-11-01 07:13:14 -0800, Alan Browne

Jeff R. wrote:

[...]

OK! OK! I did think we were talking "human" mothers in this humorous
sidetrack, not those life forms for which parthenogenesis is a valid
form of reproduction.

The bottom line is "virgin" birth as proposed in the New Testament
remains fiction, and for humans is a myth.

Savageduck

Old November 1st 09, 09:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
J. Clarke

On 2009-11-01 11:00:20 -0800, Alan Browne

On 2009-11-01 07:13:14 -0800, Alan Browne

On 2009-10-31 15:43:57 -0700, "Jeff R." said:

"Alan Browne" wrote in
message ...
Jeff R. wrote:

[...]

Yep. Note that the Bible is silent on the question of how it was determined
that Mary was a virgin. All that we have is that Matthew and Luke said so.
We don't know if she told them or whether God told them or whether they
personally put a chastity belt on her or if they had it from a team of
whatever passed for OB/GYNs in the middle east of the time or whether Joseph
complained to them incessantly about how she never put out and got pregnant
anyway or what.

Old November 1st 09, 09:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
The OT-Troll's Omega

On Sun, 1 Nov 2009 16:02:34 -0500, "J. Clarke"

On 2009-11-01 11:00:20 -0800, Alan Browne

On 2009-11-01 07:13:14 -0800, Alan Browne

On 2009-10-31 15:43:57 -0700, "Jeff R." said:

"Alan Browne" wrote in
message ...
Jeff R. wrote:

[...]

Their virgin mary was just a name they carved over the name of Isis on her
statues when people demanded that there must be a female counterpart to
their invent-as-you-go christian beliefs. The virgin birth was stolen from
a more ancient Pagan Roman legend. The "easter resurrection" is a
*******ization of the holiday of Eostre, a Pagan Goddess of spring, to
celebrate the yearly resurrection of life in a northern climate, a holiday
that began over 3500 years ago under various names and cultures.

No mother + no birth + no resurrection = no christ.

Old November 1st 09, 11:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Yep. Note that the Bible is silent on the question of how it was determined
that Mary was a virgin.

The Bible is silent on a lot of facts that are inconvenient to its myths.

Old November 1st 09, 11:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jeff R.[_2_]

"NameHere" wrote in message
On Sun, 1 Nov 2009 09:43:57 +1100, "Jeff R." wrote:

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
om...
Jeff R. wrote:

Yet even that -parthenogenesis- is conceivably ( sorry - :-| ) one
of
the easist to believe and, maybe, more likely of the necessary beliefs.

Surely. But in the time since it would likely have occurred numerous
times. Has it?

I think so.
I *cannot* believe that some of the mothers I see with kids in tow have
*ever* had sex.

To put the kibosh on this puerile off-topic troll's nonsense.

One of my own truisms:

"Ugliness, as well as beauty, lies solely within the eye of the beholder.
Those that see ugliness in others are only revealing the ugliness within
themselves." by ~ caMel ~

Yes, you may quote me in the future. You'll have to. The next time someone
tells you how ugly you are you'll be able to explain to them why.

Here's one my favourites, by way of reply:

" ...The lady doth protest too much, methinks."
by ~ Shakespeare, Ham A.III Sc.II ~

Act III Scene II

Old November 1st 09, 11:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Wilba[_3_]

J. Clarke wrote:

Note that the Bible is silent on the question of how it was determined
that Mary was a virgin. All that we have is that Matthew and Luke said
so.
We don't know if she told them or whether God told them or whether they
personally put a chastity belt on her or if they had it from a team of
whatever passed for OB/GYNs in the middle east of the time or whether
Joseph
complained to them incessantly about how she never put out and got
pregnant
anyway or what.

It's a translation error. The Aramaic word used to describe her has mutated
through several steps into "virgin", but a good direct translation would be
"lass" - simply a young woman.

Old November 2nd 09, 12:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
NameHere

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 10:42:11 +1100, "Jeff R." wrote:

.. .

news:W96dnbriqekp9nHXnZ2dnUVZ_o5i4p2d@giganews. com...
Jeff R. wrote:

[...]

Yes, I figured you'd read it wrong, as all trolls read everything wrong.

Etymology of that truism: I came up with that saying when someone was
telling me how unattractive they thought someone was. I, on the other hand,
found the person they were calling "ugly" to be very attractive. I started
to question the discrepancies between our viewpoints. How could two
different people perceive a third so differently. No different than how one
person that might find a spider's appearance and coloring patterns a
marvelous and beautiful thing, others being disgusted at the sight, now
revealing the ugliness of that person's fears and insecurities, whether
learned or innate. The above quotable about ugliness is the answer. That
saying holds true no matter what way that you try to warp it to justify
your own inadequacies.

Old November 2nd 09, 12:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jeff R.[_2_]

"NameHere" wrote in message
On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 10:42:11 +1100, "Jeff R." wrote:

. ..

Jeff R. wrote:

[...]

Kindly point out where I mentioned "ugliness".

(I'll save you some time)
I didn't.

That was your own guilty conscience chiming in.

My reference was to the subject's *behaviour*, but you read it as
"appearance".

" ...The lady doth protest too much, methinks."