Canon battery

Old August 4th 12, 07:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.equipment.misc,rec.photo.digital
DaveC[_4_]

Default Canon battery

I want to purchase a new Canon NB-2L battery for my G9 digicam.

What with the stories of abundant counterfeit batteries, and the fact that
Canon do not sell the battery on its web site, how does one know what is
"Original" Canon and what isn't.

Replies to the form of "you don't" are not appreciated; that is the default
no-brainer answer.

Any suggestions how to go about finding an new, original Canon NB-2L would be
happily received.

Thanks!

Old August 4th 12, 07:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.equipment.misc,rec.photo.digital
DaveC[_4_]

Found it on B&H. I think they're trustworthy...

Thanks!

Old August 4th 12, 08:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.equipment.misc,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-08-03 23:46:31 -0700, DaveC said:

I want to purchase a new Canon NB-2L battery for my G9 digicam.

What with the stories of abundant counterfeit batteries, and the fact that
Canon do not sell the battery on its web site, how does one know what is
"Original" Canon and what isn't.

Replies to the form of "you don't" are not appreciated; that is the default
no-brainer answer.

Any suggestions how to go about finding an new, original Canon NB-2L would be
happily received.

Thanks!

Start with a reputable vendor.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Bat tery.html

Savageduck

Old August 4th 12, 08:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.equipment.misc,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-08-03 23:59:42 -0700, DaveC said:

Found it on B&H. I think they're trustworthy...

Thanks!

OK! You beat me to it.

Savageduck

Old August 6th 12, 12:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.equipment.misc,rec.photo.digital
Ron

"DaveC" wrote in message

I want to purchase a new Canon NB-2L battery for my G9 digicam.

What with the stories of abundant counterfeit batteries, and the fact that
Canon do not sell the battery on its web site, how does one know what is
"Original" Canon and what isn't.

Replies to the form of "you don't" are not appreciated; that is the default
no-brainer answer.

Any suggestions how to go about finding an new, original Canon NB-2L would
be
happily received.

Thanks!
+++++++++
Why do you want an original Canon battery? Get on eBay and search for NB-2L
battery and buy from one of their top vendors (they are marked as such). I
never buy Canon batteries as additional or replacement batteries. Generally
the big box stores had generic batteries for about 2/3 of what a Canon
batter will cost you or on eBay you can buy one for about 1/5 the Canon
price. I get two to three years service on the cheaper generic batteries.
Ron
++++++++

Old August 7th 12, 04:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.equipment.misc,rec.photo.digital
DaveC[_4_]

Why do you want an original Canon battery? Get on eBay and search for NB-2L
battery and buy from one of their top vendors (they are marked as such). I
never buy Canon batteries as additional or replacement batteries. Generally
the big box stores had generic batteries for about 2/3 of what a Canon
batter will cost you or on eBay you can buy one for about 1/5 the Canon
price. I get two to three years service on the cheaper generic batteries.
Ron

Check the comments on Amazon for any of the NB-2L batteries (including the
Canon brand products listed there -- many comments there about "i'll never
buy a non-Canon battery *or a Canon-label one from other than a certified
Canon dealer*" comments).

It's not the years of service so much as the hours of charge they will
provide. Taking all the comments I've read, non-Canon batteries and the
counterfeit Canon batteries will not stack up to Canon label ones.

This isn't to say that the batteries you buy are not a good deal for you.
Each has to weigh his needs and the costs.

Going to the Himalayas. Need the longest-charge power I can get. In my
research, this is Canon-brand NB-2L's from a reliable dealer.