An interesting post of Light Room history from Victoria Bampton

Old February 18th 17, 11:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default An interesting post of Light Room history from Victoria Bampton

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...e=c10cc 0e1d0

Eric Stevens
Old February 19th 17, 07:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Eric Stevens wrote:

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...=ec475ab628&e=
c10cc0e1d0

for those interested in LightRoom history:

https://www.dpreview.com/articles/0484340472/rawshooterprem

Pixmatec was the other split off from Phase, Imacon the first and was
bought by Adobe at the introduction of LR. The funny thing is that
nothing happened with LR AFTER that RawShooter was acquired! Here's
Adobes take:

https://www.adobe.com/special/pixmantec/

And RawShooter appears to remain downloadable!

Weekend Freebie. Here y go:

http://www.photo-freeware.net/downlo...w-shooter-esse
ntials/
--
teleportation kills
Old February 19th 17, 04:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud

Eric Stevens:

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...=ec475ab628&e=
c10cc0e1d0

"...2007 was also the year of the first iPhone, the Kindle, and the
year Dropbox was founded.*Photoshop CS3 was released on April 16,
2007."

Had 'em all. Lightroom Beta, Lightroom 1 (even though I was an Aperture
True Believer), iPhone, Kindle, Dropbox, CS3. Dumped the Kindle after
iPad was released with a Kindle app.

I'm glad I divided my work between Aperture and Lr, because by 2012 I
realized that Aperture was at a dead end and the transition to Lr was
not terribly difficult. I'll never trust Apple "Pro" apps again. But
that's moot since Apple doesn't make pro computers anymore.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old February 19th 17, 04:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-02-19 16:41:28 +0000, Davoud said:

Eric Stevens:

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...=ec475ab628&e=
c10cc0e1d0

"...2007 was also the year of the first iPhone, the Kindle, and the
year Dropbox was founded.Â*Photoshop CS3 was released on April 16,
2007."

Had 'em all. Lightroom Beta, Lightroom 1 (even though I was an Aperture
True Believer), iPhone, Kindle, Dropbox, CS3. Dumped the Kindle after
iPad was released with a Kindle app.

I never went down the Aperture road, but I was an LR Beta user, and
fully qualified on the CS upgrade treadmill. I never owned a Kindle,
just the iPad Kindle app.

I'm glad I divided my work between Aperture and Lr, because by 2012 I
realized that Aperture was at a dead end and the transition to Lr was
not terribly difficult. I'll never trust Apple "Pro" apps again. But
that's moot since Apple doesn't make pro computers anymore.

That should get nospam going. ;-)

Savageduck

Old February 19th 17, 08:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Davoud
wrote:

"...2007 was also the year of the first iPhone, the Kindle, and the
year Dropbox was founded.*Photoshop CS3 was released on April 16,
2007."

Had 'em all. Lightroom Beta, Lightroom 1 (even though I was an Aperture
True Believer), iPhone, Kindle, Dropbox, CS3. Dumped the Kindle after
iPad was released with a Kindle app.

I'm glad I divided my work between Aperture and Lr, because by 2012 I
realized that Aperture was at a dead end and the transition to Lr was
not terribly difficult. I'll never trust Apple "Pro" apps again. But
that's moot since Apple doesn't make pro computers anymore.

ignorant statement of the year.