viewer/album software that is version aware and can tag photos?

Old August 12th 04, 03:55 PM
peter

Default viewer/album software that is version aware and can tag photos?

Many of my photos have different versions, usually an original version, and
an edited (cropped, retouched, etc) version. Sometimes I have more than one
edited version of the same photo.

Is there a photo viewer/album that has the concept of versions and allows me
to do things like:
- view thumb nails/slide show of only the original
- view thumb nails/slide show of only the latest edited version of each
photo
- quickly flip between different versions of one photo in the zoom view

In addition, sometimes I want to bring my laptop to show a collection of
photo to a client, tag the ones he/she likes and then later create a list of
the selected photos. I want to be able to tag not just which photo, but
which version, if more than one exist, of the photo as well. Plus I want to
be able to view the thumb nails of only the tagged photos. I also need to
maintain multiple sets of tags because I may have different clients for the
same set of photos.

Any pointers would be appreciated, even if just part of the requirements
above are met.

Old August 12th 04, 05:44 PM
Arty Phacting

FWIW here is a system I have evolved

I do not claim it is original (that would require far too much checking) nor
do I claim it is fantastic But it does work for me and quite pleased I am
with it too

So, you load images to your computer from digicam and, of course, you create
a special folder or use the default folder name. This is OK so far. Notice
that the images are coded some alphabetic charactersimage number

Well, I keep the images in the folder as prime images I will not work on
these directly cos when I did so in the past it becaim a real pain in the
but finding them again was worse than that.

So, for this example, I have image number 624 and I want to work on it and
explore techniques. now before this gets all toooo complicated by faarr I
have prime storage folders in a (erm) prime image folder. These are pics as
they arrive from digicam.

I also have my worked image folder containing folders of (erm) worked images
or WIP

Back to the example, image 624 looks good for a bit of tweaking so
1 - in WIP (worked image folders) I create folder called 624 (Yes! It is
outstandingly original and has an amazing and immediate link to the prime
image file straight away)

2 - copy prime image #624 to folder 624 (with me so far? this is the easy
bit)

3 - then I open image 624 from the folder called 624 and I start working on
it.

4 - every twaeked, twiddled, worked image of 624 file is saved in the 624
folder and makes it easy to find afterwards

It really sounds far more complicated than it is and Picasa seems to work
well with it too :-)

I hope this helps - next time I will charge consultancy feees :-]

Arts

Old August 12th 04, 09:38 PM
Pepe

Hej,
FotoStation 4.5 eller bättre klarar av det du nämner.
här hittar du det:
http://www.fotoware.com/Products/FotoStationPro/

Du kan ladda hem en testversion som varar i 30 dagar.

Prova och se om du blir nöjd.
Det är speciellt bra på IPTC profil och EXIF.
Fullt kompatibelt med Adobe PhotoShop 7
och NIKON Capture samt andra kameror.

Lycka till

Pepe

Old August 12th 04, 09:50 PM
Pepe

Hello,
FotoStation 4.5 or better can do what you mention.
You will find it he
http://www.fotoware.com/Products/FotoStationPro/

You can download a testversion for 30 days.

Try it and se if it fullfills you wish.
It is a specially good for IPTC profil and EXIF.
Fully compatibel with Adobe PhotoShop 7
and NIKON Capture but also other cameras.

Good Luck

Pepe