Best Online camera shop?

Old June 22nd 04, 06:01 AM
Orville Wright

Default Best Online camera shop?

"Jimmy Smith" wrote in message ...

Who is the best online camera shop for price and reliability? Are there any
that might be best to avoid?

Infinity, Ritz, and Abe's are three of the most respected and
trustworthy. Stay away from New Egg, Adorama, and B&H Photo, they are
all known "bait and switch" scam artists; order from any of them and
your credit card will probably be charged without ever shipping your
merchandise.

Hope this helps,

Orville
Old June 22nd 04, 07:26 AM
ronni

OH no.. not B&H.. I"ve known them from when they were just a brick and
morter... and I've NEVER had problems with them.. like any place they can
screw up but one phone call and its ALWAYS resolved. I've never had
problems with them and I have spent well over 10k there....

Check out my blog!!!

http://duckwater.typepad.com/

and My webshots account:

http://community.webshots.com/user/ronnitwinkle

m...

Old June 22nd 04, 07:28 AM
ronni

exactly... I've had problems with Ritz tho.... so B&H always gets my
buisness and they will match prices if you ask too!

Check out my blog!!!

http://duckwater.typepad.com/

and My webshots account:

http://community.webshots.com/user/ronnitwinkle

"n.t." wrote in message
B&H, Adorama bait and switch? Are you serious?? These two are the most
respected retailers online! What a baseless statement!

Old June 22nd 04, 09:01 AM
Pittsburgh bound

I've been dealing with B&H for years, not perfect, but they are honest.
Fair prices, not always the lowest. Look in www.photo.net.

Old June 22nd 04, 12:14 PM
Frank Calidonna

I have always had great service with B&H. They are definitely NOT a bait
and switch place. They do not charge your card until they ship. B&H and
Willoughby's are two of the best places in NYC to do business.

Frank Rome, NY

Old June 22nd 04, 12:17 PM
Wayne Moses

"n.t." wrote in message
B&H, Adorama bait and switch? Are you serious?? These two are the most
respected retailers online! What a baseless statement!

I just ordered a circular polarizer from Adorama. I will have to keep an eye
for this "bait and switch" business, although so far the purchasing
experience has been very smooth. Lets see when it gets here.

Wayne
Nikon D70
18-70 Nikkor
70-300 Nikkor

Old June 22nd 04, 12:33 PM
Don

"ronni" wrote in message ...
OH no.. not B&H.. I"ve known them from when they were just a brick and
morter... and I've NEVER had problems with them.. like any place they can
screw up but one phone call and its ALWAYS resolved. I've never had
problems with them and I have spent well over 10k there....

"Orville Wright" wrote in message
m...
"Jimmy Smith" wrote in message

Infinity, Ritz, and Abe's are three of the most respected and
trustworthy. Stay away from New Egg, Adorama, and B&H Photo, they are
all known "bait and switch" scam artists; order from any of them and
your credit card will probably be charged without ever shipping your
merchandise.

Orville is just trolling. His alleged "baiter and switcher" Newegg has
one of the highest ratings on resellerratings.com (9.7 out of 10):

His "star" Abe's is bad (5 out of 10):

While Infinity is worse (a whopping rating of 0.80 out of 10)

Here's B&H (8.6) & Adorama (8.2), both with good ratings:

Old June 22nd 04, 01:49 PM
marlinspike

"Don" wrote in message
om...
Orville is just trolling. His alleged "baiter and switcher" Newegg has
one of the highest ratings on resellerratings.com (9.7 out of 10):

I was going to say, I may not know too much about digicams, but I do know
about computers, and new egg has been a highly respected store from day one.
Richard