Pacific Coast Madonna & Child

Old December 27th 18, 06:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Pacific Coast Madonna & Child

On Dec 27, 2018, RichA wrote
(in ):

On Monday, 24 December 2018 13:57:43 UTC-5, Savageduck wrote:
On Dec 24, 2018, Ken Hart wrote
(in article ):

On 12/24/18 10:03 AM, Savageduck wrote:
On Dec 24, 2018, Ken Hart wrote
(in ):

What would I notice between the images with a better monitor?

That depends. What display/monitor do you currently use, and how does it
compare with a 5K retina display?
My computers are not photography tools as yours' obviously are.

My desktop monitors are Dell 1909W. I have absolutely no idea how it
would compare to a 5K retina display. But you would certainly know
(based on the quality of your work that I've seen), and could probably
explain without being _too_ condescending.

There are several things which make your Dell 1909W more suitable for
desktop computing work than digital photography processing though they should do in
a pinch.

To start with your Dell is a 19” monitor vs some of the larger displays
currently available. My 5K Retina is a 27” which gives me plenty of screen
real estate. to work on.

5K on a 27" means you must have replaced your eyes with macro lenses to SEE
all the detail it's capable of.

5120 x 2880 with all the detail I could ever have wished for.

....and it has been 3 years since I had the cataract surgery which also fixed
my astigmatism. So I see better today without glasses than I did 45 years ago
with them.

Savageduck

Old December 27th 18, 09:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
RichA wrote:

5K on a 27" means you must have replaced your eyes with macro lenses
to SEE all the detail it's capable of.

false.
Old December 27th 18, 10:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Wed, 26 Dec 2018 19:01:44 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Ever since I upgraded to a 4k monitor I have not been able to see the
menus on the NIK plugins. i do not have that issue with other plugins.
Do you know how to make the menu fonts larger?

https://www.bing.com/search?q=change...10%20sit e:mi
cro
soft.com&form=B00032&ocid=SettingsHAQ-BingIA&mkt=en-US
or http://tinyurl.com/y932ydhk *may* be of help.

I believe that Peter is concerned with NIK menu fonts rather than system
wide
font adjustment. Also consider that different apps address font visibility
differently, and some such as the NIK Plugins don¹t seem to have a clear
path to menu font adjustment.

Application windows and fonts in MS Windows are usually constructed
with system tools, so when you change the size of text it is changed
for all applications.

'usually' being the key word.

unlike macos, windows hi-dpi support is mostly a mess. it's quite
likely nik is doing something non-standard and/or his system is
misconfigured.

Yep.

Eric Stevens
Old April 27th 19, 07:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Sunday, December 23, 2018 at 7:24:30 PM UTC-8, Savageduck wrote:
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-Xdc239J/0/4ee15f19/X3/i-Xdc239J-X3.jpg

Savageduck