EPSON 1400 COLOR

Old September 1st 07, 02:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default EPSON 1400 COLOR

I get a green cast. I am using Epson paper. This is no real good
intruction on how to setup your CS2 andEpson 1400 prnter anywheref I
put my Lxmark printer on I get great color. If I use my friends Canon
printer I get gret color. Does anyone know how to set up the software
and hardware for this VERY expensive printer that just does not
perform like other prints.

Thanks

Any yes I have color management

Old September 1st 07, 05:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
babaloo

You have color management but you know not how to use color management.
The serious answer: when you move from a low end printer to a high end
printer one reason for the mismatches is that the hi end printer very
accurately prints the colors it is told to print. You have not previously
experienced accurate color printing.
The basics:
Calibrate your monitor according to the calibration device software (you
have one of these?).
When printing set Photoshop to manage color, select the proper paper profile
for your printer (they were loaded with the printer driver) and set the
printer driver with the same paper profile and turn off color management.
If you E mail Epson they will send you instructions. Alternately there are
detailed instructions on the web if you but search for them.

Old September 1st 07, 10:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Roy G[_2_]

wrote in message
oups.com...
I get a green cast. I am using Epson paper. This is no real good
intruction on how to setup your CS2 andEpson 1400 prnter anywheref I
put my Lxmark printer on I get great color. If I use my friends Canon
printer I get gret color. Does anyone know how to set up the software
and hardware for this VERY expensive printer that just does not
perform like other prints.

Thanks

Any yes I have color management

I do hope you would not expect a more expensive printer to work exactly like
a cheap one, otherwise why spend the money.

There are very detailed Colour Management Workflows on the Epson Australia
site for various versions of PS. http://tech.epson.com.au/downloads/

Roy G

Old September 1st 07, 10:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Sep 1, 5:00 pm, "Roy G" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

I get a green cast. I am using Epson paper. This is no real good
intruction on how to setup your CS2 andEpson 1400 prnter anywheref I
put my Lxmark printer on I get great color. If I use my friends Canon
printer I get gret color. Does anyone know how to set up the software
and hardware for this VERY expensive printer that just does not
perform like other prints.

Thanks

Any yes I have color management

I do hope you would not expect a more expensive printer to work exactly like
a cheap one, otherwise why spend the money.

There are very detailed Colour Management Workflows on the Epson Australia
site for various versions of PS. http://tech.epson.com.au/downloads/

Roy G

At this point ... the cheap one does alot better .... I never even
thought for a minute I would have to go through this learning curve to
get a printer to work.
My friend photographer whom has a Canon printer did not have to go
through any of this and had wonderful photos first time out.
Bottom line EPSON did not make this user friendly ... Nor did they
give appropriate instructions on setup with the printer.

Old September 2nd 07, 12:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jim

wrote in message
ps.com...
On Sep 1, 5:00 pm, "Roy G" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

[...]

Perform all color management in PS. Turn off color management in the
printer driver else you will be applying the profile twice. Doing that
yields disasterous results.

Jim

Old September 2nd 07, 01:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Sep 1, 7:47 pm, "Jim" wrote:
wrote in message

ps.com...

On Sep 1, 5:00 pm, "Roy G" wrote:
wrote in message

groups.com...

[...]

Jim- Hide quoted text -

I have used the "Windows RGB Print Guide PS7.pdf" the results are
better ,,, It still needs improvement. I used the Epson Luster ICC
profile.
I do calibrate my monitor with a huey calibration device. I guess the
next thing to do is get a print from my printer calibrated so I have
an accurate profile.

Old September 2nd 07, 01:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Sep 1, 7:47 pm, "Jim" wrote:
wrote in message

ps.com...