Can good photographic ability be taught, or is it in-born?

Old May 20th 15, 02:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default Can good photographic ability be taught, or is it in-born?

On 5/19/2015 5:13 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On May 19, 2015, Mayayana wrote
(in ):

Just for you, here is a Picasso I shot at the Munson-Williams-Procter
Institute in Utica, NY. Interesting place to visit.
http://adobe.ly/1JXRJSJ

It turns out the real link is he
https://assets.adobe.com/link/1a9456...7-362d6ce3b560
Why would you shorten that?

I didn’t shorten it Adobe provides the shortened link for public sharing by
default. There is no long url option.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_166.jpg

In any case, thanks, but I see nothing on that
page at all.

That is your problem, other folks don’t seem to have an issue.

It's almost entirely obfuscated script.

I have never seen that. I have no idea of what you are doing to provoke that
sort of failure.

I avoid allowing script in general, especially avoiding
obfuscated script, and wouldn't allow either to
run on Adobe's site.

Then don’t bother. I certainly am not creating any odd script to sabotage
your system.

It could take days to decipher exactly what the
script is doing and what other sites it's contacting,
if that's even possible. And all that just to display
an image!

That is what happens when you use MS Outlook Express as a Usenet client, it
isn’t. As to whatever else you are doing to prevent that link opening in an
internet browser I have no idea.

I don’t believe the other Windows users in this room, such as PeterN, Eric
Stevens, or Tony have a problem.

I have been having issues with your Adobe links, not the Dropbox links.
However I am having browser issues on this machine. Somehow AVG has let
in a maliciious app that cannot be easily gotten rid of.

--
PeterN
Old May 20th 15, 02:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

| So, you don't have an issue with Dropbox?

No, that's fine. It doesn't require script.

| You are way too paranoid.

That would be the majority opinion. On the
other hand, I have virtually no risk from malware
despite having not used any kind of anti-virus
or anti-malware software for more than 10 years
now.

| Pale Moon had no trouble going to the page.
|
| Going to the page isn't the issue. See what is intended to be shared, and
| is visible in .er orthodox web browsers is the point.

Pale Moon is virtually the same as Firefox.
As I said, the only issue is that the page
requires script and I don't enable script.
Many pages *use* script for things like
special effects. But occasionally pages, like
the Adobe link, are nothing but script. They
won't work at all unless script is enabled. It's
similar to a page built on Flash. It simply
won't display anything unless Flash is installed
and enabled.

Old May 20th 15, 02:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 5/19/2015 6:32 PM, nospam wrote:
In article ,
Sandman wrote:

My claim is that if one person is more skilled at a given task
than another, it is because he has practiced it more, which in
turn is a result from a more eager interest in said task. Not
because he has a "born" ability to paint masterpieces or a "born"
ability to play the piano.

bull****. some people have natural talents and others do not and it
has absolutely nothing to do with practice.

Of course it does.

nope.

if it did, there would be more einsteins, picassos, pavarottis and
ansel adams.

And there are.

you're delusional.

but assuming there are, why hasn't anyone heard of them?

Today is indeed a strange day. I am in complete agreement with nospam,
as is Tony Cooper. Now I'm starting to worry. Hell is about to freeze
over. Can th forcast be that far off.
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=temperature+in+hell+michigan

--
PeterN
Old May 20th 15, 02:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 5/19/2015 7:23 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On May 19, 2015, nospam wrote
(in ) :

In ,
wrote:

My claim is that if one person is more skilled at a given task
than another, it is because he has practiced it more, which in
turn is a result from a more eager interest in said task. Not
because he has a "born" ability to paint masterpieces or a "born"
ability to play the piano.

bull****. some people have natural talents and others do not and it
has absolutely nothing to do with practice.

Of course it does.

nope.

if it did, there would be more einsteins, picassos, pavarottis and
ansel adams.

And there are.

you're delusional.

but assuming there are, why hasn't anyone heard of them?

Everybody has heard of them.

You have never heard of Richard Feynman? Beniamino Gigli? Caruso? Placido
Domingo? Jose Carreras? Edward Weston? Dorothea Lange? Imogen Cunningham?
Henri Cartier-Bresson? Modigliani? Alfred Stieglitz? there are a whole bunch
more you know.

You left off one of the most brilliant.
Nikola Tesla. IMHO in his field he was just about on a par with
einstein, but he lacked Einstein's ability to communicate.

--
PeterN
Old May 20th 15, 02:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On May 19, 2015, PeterN wrote
(in ):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...enshot_166.jpg

[...]

What is this AVG of which you speak?

So far Tony and Bill don’t seem to have issues. Fix your computer.

How are you doing with your own Adobe links, or don’t you use the 20GB you
are paying for?

Savageduck

Old May 20th 15, 02:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On May 19, 2015, Mayayana wrote
(in ):

So, you don't have an issue with Dropbox?

No, that's fine. It doesn't require script.

OK.

You are way too paranoid.

That would be the majority opinion. On the
other hand, I have virtually no risk from malware
despite having not used any kind of anti-virus
or anti-malware software for more than 10 years
now.

Neither have I, but I am running a Mac.

Pale Moon had no trouble going to the page.

Going to the page isn't the issue. See what is intended to be shared, and
is visible in .er orthodox web browsers is the point.

Pale Moon is virtually the same as Firefox.
As I said, the only issue is that the page
requires script and I don't enable script.
Many pages *use* script for things like
special effects. But occasionally pages, like
the Adobe link, are nothing but script. They
won't work at all unless script is enabled. It's
similar to a page built on Flash. It simply
won't display anything unless Flash is installed
and enabled.

Even Adobe has dumped Flash from Lightroom and PS.

Savageduck

Old May 20th 15, 02:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

| Even Adobe has dumped Flash from Lightroom and PS.

Interesting. I didn't know that. Unfortunately
there are a lot of diehard web designers out there
who put a lot of time into mastering Flash and
used to make big money making Flash sites. Maybe
they still do. I don't know. Either way I think they're
loathe to just dump all that expertise, so they'll
keep making Flash sites until the website owners
realize that half their visitors can't see them.

I have a friend who has Java installed and I
thought it must be a mistake, but it turned out
that he needed it for one website: A Harvard
University event calendar! It's hard to believe
they could be that dumb. It's sort of like learning
that the FBI doesn't have a firewall.

Flash and Java should have been gone years
ago, but they persist. Even script was being phased
out before the trend toward interactive websites took
hold. Not so long ago a script-dependent site without
a no-script version was considered unprofessional.
But many sites now (webmail is a good example)
are so interactive that they just can't work without
script.

Old May 20th 15, 02:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 5/19/2015 9:45 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On May 19, 2015, PeterN wrote
(in ):

[...]

I know. But i have other personal things going on, and have not had the
inclination to make the call. I had a similar issue on my main machine,
but that has been fixed.
I just have to get:

http://tinyurl.com/l8to5nw

https://www.google.com/search?q=round+tuit&biw=914&bih=473&tbm=isch&imgil =-5lalaZpm_edkM%253A%253BWHI_soY2qtZKIM%253Bhttp%252 53A%25252F%25252Fwww.brebet.com%25252F91342-round-tuit-history&source=iu&pf=m&fir=-5lalaZpm_edkM%253A%252CWHI_soY2qtZKIM%252C_&usg=__ fkBKa0mSEumQf84EmXjO0YWAUNA%3D&ved=0CEUQyjc&ei=VOl bVbmmCYiZyAS_hoGYDA#imgrc=-5lalaZpm_edkM%253A%3BWHI_soY2qtZKIM%3Bhttp%253A%25 2F%252Fwww.brebet.com%252Fimages%252F70823-round-tuit.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.brebet.com%252F9 1342-round-tuit-history%3B596%3B577

--
PeterN
Old May 20th 15, 03:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On May 19, 2015, PeterN wrote
(in ):

[...]

I thought you carried one of those behind you.

Anyway I get my right eye refurbished tomorrow, so the World will have a
‘duck with 20/20 binocular vision to deal with.

Savageduck

Old May 20th 15, 03:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 5/19/2015 10:14 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On May 19, 2015, PeterN wrote
(in ):

[...]

Best of luck and I hope you do well.
I am having my right eye done on Friday, but not the lens adjustment. My
opthamologist doesn't think it would work for me.

--
PeterN