Weekly News Statistics for rec.photo.digital: week ending 20 Aug 2004.

Old August 21st 04, 02:20 AM
Hunt

Default Weekly News Statistics for rec.photo.digital: week ending 20 Aug 2004.

In article , says...

NGStatistics: Newsgroup Statistics Program
Version 1.1 (using News::Scan)

Copyright (C) 2002 Neil Lombardo,
Based on groupstat, Copyleft (C) 2000 H. Alex LaHurreau
Based on StatNews, Copyleft (C) 1998 Davide G. M. Salvetti

Newsgroup.................: rec.photo.digital
Stats Were Taken..........: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 23:00:00 GMT
Stats Begin...............: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 23:02:54 GMT
Stats End.................: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 23:30:55 GMT
Days......................: 7
Total No. of Articles.....: 4643
Total No. of Characters...: 17030621
Total Volume..............: 16631
Messages Per Day..........: 663.3
Characters Per Day........: 2432945.9
Average Daily Volume......: 2375 kB
Total Posters This Week...: 641
Messages with Sigs........: 59.88%
Sigs Over 4 Lines.........: 75.11%
Original Content Rating...: 26.89%

Top 500 Prolific Posters: Posts / Posts per Day / Percent Share

[SNIP]

Interesting stats. I hope that you are able to make this data extraction
automatically, and don't have to count it by hand - ouch!

It would be very useful if you also could filter through some AI screen to
note whether the post was on or off-topic, and also attach a value for how far
off-topic the post might have been. I don't know exactly what use this data
would provide, but would find it interesting (dang, I keep using that word,
over and over).

Thanks for taking what ever time was required.

Hunt

Old August 21st 04, 12:41 PM
mark_digital

Wow! Thank God for high speed internet service huh? Otherwise
your post would have revelance.