Olympus FE-190 or Cannon Powershot SD600

Old September 10th 06, 08:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default Olympus FE-190 or Cannon Powershot SD600

I'm in a quandary as to what new digital camera to purchase. I'm
leaning towards the Olympus FE-190 but I hear that the Canon Powershot
SD600 has better quality images. the Olympus FE-190 is a new model that
just came out in late August so there are not very many user reviews
that I can find on it on the web. The Olympus camera has the right
price. I found it at buydig.com for $179+free S/H. The Canon camera is
about $249+free S/H. The Olympus camera has image sabilization but the
Canon camera does not. You can probably quess that I'm a newbie to
digtial cameras and photography. They both are 6 megapixel cameras with
2.5" LCD veiwers and 3x optical zoom. the canon camera has a ISO of
800. The olympus camera has a auto ISO of 1000 Here are the specs

Olympus FE-190

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...duct=1262&fl=4

Canon Powershot SD600
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co... odelid=12913

Let me know your opinions and recomendations.

thanks

Old September 10th 06, 08:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
g n p

oups.com...

www.dcviews.com/cameras

Old September 11th 06, 12:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Roy G

"g n p" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]

The Olympus does NOT have Image Stabilization or Vibration Reduction.

Roy G

Old September 11th 06, 06:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Coolbreeze

Roy G wrote:
"g n p" wrote in message
> [...]

wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]

Olympus web site
http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...duct=1262&fl=2
says that it does have digital image stabilization.